Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

by fifilacota

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I've been having the same dll issue as other people, but unfortunately my system has a flaw in which any attempt at updating Windows causes an infinite loop that eventually resets. So updating Windows is absolutely not an option for me. It seems even other people with fully updated Windows are having this issue though. The legacy client works, but I worry for how long. Please investigate and fix this asap for your paying customers, EA.

Message 111 of 270 (1,839 Views)

Re: Origin Won't Start Because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing

★★★★★ Newbie

same problm is killing me... for god sake fix this garabge called orgin 6 days,, format my pc 4 times.... go there and there,.. i wnat to smash it and go .. i have bf4 and bf3,, i miss them.. so stop killing ourm od .. and fix this *,, u uslesss admins

Message 112 of 270 (18,618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The installation of an earlier version worked fine to access the game, until the moment the automatic update process began to run and caused to show again the same problem. I think the issue should be in the update instead of Windows itself.

Message 113 of 270 (1,772 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree this is frustrating
Message 114 of 270 (1,982 Views)

★ Novice

tnx a lot, it works for me

Message 115 of 270 (1,958 Views)

Community Manager

@1arabknight1Can I ask what version of Windows you're using? Have you run the update here?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 116 of 270 (18,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @falcophoenix

If Windows would no longer run updates, use the CMD command and right click it to Run as Administrator and then enter the dos command:

net stop wuauserv

It needs to come back that it executed successfully. If it doesn’t reboot your machine and try again.

Then ran Universal Update for Windows C Runtime for Windows 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

Retired champion.
Message 117 of 270 (1,875 Views)

@1arabknight1

This is not an origin error! This error is caused by a faulty windows update that broke origin. Just reinstalling windows doesn't mean you have the latest universal c runtime libraries running in your Windows OS. Please install the update manually as described in the posts above and let us know if it worked or not.

General remark:

I understand your anger and frustration but:

Admins are no programmers, this means they are CERTAINLY NOT causing the problem you are facing now,

they don't have special powers to solve problems in an instant,

they are human beings just trying to help us out, so please, don't call them useless...Frown

Message 118 of 270 (18,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled vcredist* files version 14.0.24212 without any progress.

I uninstalled Origin, downloaded Origin Legacy and it worked but not for the game installed (DA:I)

Then I installed the latest Universal C Runtime from Windows, but no result... the game keeps crashing :-(

(Windows 8.1)

... then i noticed I had a Windows update as well as the Origin update, so I rolled back the Windows update... the game keeps crashing...

......Then.... I cried !

Then... I spent useless time with EA support, and looking at the forums I made an antivirus exception for DAI and it worked. For a reason I don't know, using the Legacy edition or updating Windows provoked a regression with the antivirus.

So now I know the las version of Origins contains a bug with some versions of Windows (7 and 8 it seems) which it not solved, and i'll have to be careful not to update Origin in the future...

Message 119 of 270 (18,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi, @casperlynn83try going to add/remove programs and uninstalling both Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 files. From here you should be able to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015, and then reinstall 2017. 

Message 120 of 270 (1,814 Views)