Re: my sims 4 and origin won't open

by nikakaru

Original Post

Accepted Solution

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

please help me... The sims 4 was working just fine until my laptop died it was dead for a few days as i had left my charger at my boyfriends house and didnt have anything else to use to charge it.. I Just got to my boyfriends and plugged it in and tried to play origin wouldnt open at all and neither would the sims so i restarted my computer and now when i click the origin app or the sims app it says it can not open because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from my computer i do now know how to fix this as it has never happened before and i never uninstalled anything so i dont know what is missing or how it was taken off my laptop if someone could please help me i would appreciate it very much 

Message 2 of 270 (158,346 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi all,

This issue is caused by an outdated VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

View in thread

Message 131 of 270 (168,119 Views)

All Replies

Re: my sims 4 and origin won't open

★★★★ Novice

I have a different problem... I installed 2 cc before playing and I went to open the game. At first it opened Origin and it was updating. After 1 minute or so, a pop up error message showed up and said that the file api - ms - win - crt - runtime - l1 - 1 - 0 .dll is missing from my computer. I deleted the cc I downloaded but it still showed that message both when I tried to open the game and Origin. Can you suggest any solutions please? 

Message 1 of 270 (157,576 Views)

Hero

Hi @Luculiia

looks like this dll has something to do wtih VC++ Runtime so please try the suggestions here: 

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/origin/origin/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-err...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 270 (158,070 Views)

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Origin problem

★★★★ Novice

Hello. Today I decided to play the Sims 4. So after I wanted to launch Origin it said it needed an update. So I let it do that and after a message came saying "The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."  I don't know what to do with it now because I'm afraid if I reinstall Origin all my game content will be lost.

Message 4 of 270 (86,263 Views)

Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Origin problem

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I have a similar problem. It always pops up whatever I use in Origin but at least I can play games. Also, I can't use Origin in-game because of that. It all started with this update.

Message 5 of 270 (86,251 Views)

Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Origin problem

Hero

I think you need to download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable. I don't know which version Origin requires, but I'd start with the latest. If that doesn't work, try anything from 2012 and later.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 270 (86,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this exact issue. I went to start up The Sims 3 about 30 minutes ago and Origin said that it was going to install its newest version, so I had to wait, which is fine, but then out of nowhere that same message popped up on my screen. Now Origin won't open, the Sims 3 launcher won't pop up. I even tried redownloading Origin from their website (without uninstalling Origin because I was afraid of losing my save files) and the same message popped up. I think that it's an issue with their newest update or version of Origin.

Message 7 of 270 (157,592 Views)

Origin: The Program Can't Start Because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll

★ Apprentice

I have sunk hours into trying to solve this. Whenever I try to open Origin or any of my Sims games I get this error: The Program Can't Start Because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

From what I have read this error can be caused from missing Microsoft C++ redistribute files. I have already tried installing and reinstalling this from 2013 and 2017 (older versions are already installed). I have also tried reinstalling Origin.

Everything was working fine just a few days ago and this started happening very suddenly. This is the only program on my computer that has this error.

Message 8 of 270 (151,644 Views)

Re: Origin: The Program Can't Start Because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll

★★★★★ Novice

mine worked fine till Origin updated..  then it went to *..  i love it when "updates" only make problems 

Message 9 of 270 (151,624 Views)

Hero

Hi @Petzlover12259

trying to find out more about it but meanwhile, did you try the suggestions above with the VC++ runtime ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 270 (157,412 Views)