am i banned or suspended

by thespoon96

Original Post

Re: am i banned or suspended

Community Manager

Hey @jjsj732 when contacting our ToS team are you doing so from the account upon which the ban is? If you are contacting from a secondary EA Account then our ToS team will be unable to assist you.  

Darko

Darko.png
Message 21 of 66 (1,394 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MenchiesLover what is the error message that you are seeing?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 22 of 66 (1,389 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi - It was the same message as the first time I had the problem. If I look in my account now I see 20 failed attempts to purchase that expansion pack. Funny.

Under Order History it shows Failed: Your payment has failed. This could be caused by an expired payment method or incorrect information.

But I was using Paypal and there's nothing wrong with my account.

So I tried to add another payment method - credit card - and it won't let me, It just says 'We're unable to verify this credit card'.

Same card I use on every other site.

So why can't anything easy ever work for me with EA?

Crazy.

Not sure what to try next.

Message 23 of 66 (1,355 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MenchiesLover as this appears to be billing related the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 24 of 66 (1,341 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I contacted support yesterday due to not being able to login and then I finally got to the point where it says your account is banned or suspended. All I have been doing is playing NFS Heat and I haven't cheated in the slightest. When I asked support about it they transferred my case but when asked about why I got banned they said there was no description on the cause. Is it really necessary to ban people without a probable cause ? I have 3 days off and I can't even play a game I just bought on Black Friday....
Message 25 of 66 (1,206 Views)

Community Manager

If you have a ban on your account @MiddleClassGamer then you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.

Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already

Darko

Darko.png
Message 26 of 66 (1,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I have the same problem as MenchiesLover. My account got banned for no reason. I only bought Fifa 20 this week. I have only played the game once or twice. I hope you can help me with this problem

Message 27 of 66 (1,071 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @03nsj1021 for any TOS ban or sanction you will need to speak with our TOS team using the steps I posted above. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 28 of 66 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This company is a complete joke. I’m reporting to BBB and going to see if I can get a class action started. My daughter purchased Sims4 and many add ons just to have her account banned for no reason. All that we did was contact origin to ask way we were unable to purchase any more add ons. Would get an error no matter the payment method. They were unable to help and the next thing we know the account was banned. Supposedly for disputing payments. Lol. Don’t waste your money. They can apparently just steal everything you purchased anytime they want without cause. I talked to someone on the phone that said he understood the situation and I would have it resolved from some other department. Only thing that happened was got an email stating they weren’t going to help. F-ing joke. Bunch of thieves. Should either give her money back that she spent on this garbage or her game back. 

Message 29 of 66 (1,008 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah i think i've been banned as well. I just wanna play apex Frown

Message 30 of 66 (913 Views)