Re: am i banned or suspended

by NLS_BONG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

am i banned or suspended

★★ Novice

So... I tried logging into my origin account ,and it kept reading me a message saying " Sign in is currently unavailable please try again later " So I went to see if it said the same thing on the browser website and it just said my password was incorrect. So I changed the password, and attempted to login again and it still said it was wrong. I went and submitted a case file, to see why I couldn't login and a few minutes later and message in red said that the account I was inquiring about was banned or suspended. I only play the sims 4 on my origin account. What could have caused me to get banned or suspended? Also , I checked my email and i never received any email about banning or suspending my account so is it a glitch? or was i wrongfully banned/suspended?

Message 1 of 66 (9,094 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @thespoon96 you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team. The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 66 (9,061 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @thespoon96 you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team. The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 66 (9,062 Views)

★★ Novice
Did you get unbanned?
Message 3 of 66 (8,607 Views)

Community Manager

Are you having an issue with a Terms of Service sanction @ishmammohammed?

If so please speak with our ToS team using the steps in the accepted solution.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 66 (8,569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Might as well switch to another game title other then EA.. You will get no support , its a waste of your time.. Same generic response, and ticket closed.

Message 5 of 66 (8,533 Views)

★★★ Novice

This process is not working. I have requested help from the web form, requested a call back and tried to use live chat. Nothing and no response at all. And all I am trying to do is pay money to EA for a Sims expansion pack!

Message 6 of 66 (8,187 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MenchiesLover if you have a ban or ToS sanction on your account then you will need to speak with our ToS team using the steps shared above. No other team bar our ToS can assist with a ToS related action. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 66 (8,134 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response Darko. Then how do I get their attention? Like I said I have submitted their web form too. No response and no email acknowledgement for the submission.

Message 8 of 66 (8,118 Views)

Community Manager

All you can do @MenchiesLover is wait to hear back from them.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 66 (8,068 Views)

★★★ Novice

No response. No reply. Ignored and locked out forever. Never to be able to login to Origins again or spend any money there. I didn't even do anything wrong.

Message 10 of 66 (7,960 Views)