Re: a way out keeps crashin

by mototweaker

Original Post

a way out keeps crashin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When I try to launch a game, everything is fine for like 10/15 seconds, then it just closes - but Origin stays open.

My laptop matches the requirements for A Way Out. It's just weird that it crashes so fast.
I don't even get an error message.

Someone help me out please!

Message 1 of 9 (564 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mototweaker can you grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

The more info we have the better we can help.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (537 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Darko ,

Thanks for your fast reply. 

I have attached the information.

Looking forward for your reply!

Message 3 of 9 (527 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mototweaker can you share the full DxDiag as we would need to see all the info.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Darko 

Sure!

Hopefully now the good one Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (508 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mototweaker would it be possible to run the DxDiag in English, you would need to set your system language to English to do this.

Looking at your system and your GPU would be around the bare minimum required to run the game, as such I would recommend turning all settings down low and trying the game again.

You also need to ensure that you are launching the game with your dedicated GPU.

To change from your integrated card to your Nvidia card:

• Open "Nvidia Control Panel".
  • Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
  • Click on "Program Settings" tab and then select the program you want to run.

Select "Preferred graphics processor" in drop-down menu and then select use the dedicated graphics

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (501 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Darko 

Changing the preffered graphics processor didn't work.

Here is the attachment in English.

Hopefully it can be solved now :D

Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 9 (484 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mototweaker, as I said above, your specs would just about meet the minimum required to run the game so the issue may be related to that.

I'm seeing a number of errors there so the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Darko 

I am lost for real. I tried this game on my old pc (which has 4gb ram and really low specs, and there we no issues with connecting. Ofcourse it is not playable, but I can load for longer then 1 minute in the game.

Now the problem is still the same, it crashes within 10-15 seconds. No matter what I am doing. I tried all the above mentioned options. Still nothing works. It has nothing to do with my specs, since I am crashing on the homescreen aswell.

My discord is mototweaker#5479 (maybe I can share my screen with you to show it).
Otherwise I have no idea what to do... 

Hope to hear from you .. I am already trying to tackle this problem for over 5 hours.

Message 9 of 9 (468 Views)