Your latest cloud storage data may not be available.

by nikhilamle66

Original Post

Re: Your latest cloud storage data may not be available.

Community Manager

@GuyInDogSuit Please do not accept replies that do not contain a solution.

I assume that you have restored your lased saved game from within your game settings. If you have and you are still starting from the beginning when launching the game then your save file may not be retrievable.  

Darko.png
Message 10 of 27 (6,634 Views)

★ Apprentice
Then don't accept your own "solution" as the fix-all to my problem! Why accept one FOR ME, at that, when I clearly stated it doesn't work? What kind of community are you people running where you break your own rules? No, I did not restore my save, because there is no option to. The point is not to start over. Why is that so hard to comprehend?
Message 11 of 27 (3,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@GuyInDogSuit I understand the issue, as I have said a number of times, if none of the troubleshooting steps helps to restore your save then data may be lost and you will have to start again.  

Edited to add, have you even started the game to see if your data is there?

Darko.png
Message 12 of 27 (3,549 Views)

★ Apprentice

How can data simply "be lost" for multiple games? I did mention that one game forces me to start from the beginning (Need for Speed, which automatically loads your data, or will start the tutorial if none exists), because there is no local data for whatever reason. The others, the data is there, it just keeps telling me sync is broken, but I can play them. Regardless, i don't think it's good that the data won't even sync AT ALL. Regardless of whether I have local saves present or not. That's the real issue here. I can't not just never have cloud sync ever again. If that sentence even makes sense.

Message 13 of 27 (3,538 Views)

Community Manager

@GuyInDogSuit If you do not have your local save content then we are unable to restore it if lost. 

If you are having issues with creating a new save game which is synced with the cloud then you will need to look at your settings and ensure they are correct. Have you tried disabling your anti-virus and firewall to see if they are blocking your data being synced? 

You can access your clour settings via Origin -> Application Settings -> Installs & Saves.

Darko.png
Message 14 of 27 (3,531 Views)

★ Apprentice
My security software was disabled the last time I attempted to sync. Still no go. The settings in Origin are all correct. It's not that it won't sync a new save, it won't sync AT ALL. Origin reports that I have used storage for each game. So there's SOMETHING already there, it just won't connect.
Message 15 of 27 (3,529 Views)

Community Manager

@GuyInDogSuit There is no need to use caps to shout. 

The only thing left to do if your cloud saves won't load is to deactivate cloud saves in Orign.

Once done launch the game, change your settings, close the game - if you turn your cloud save option back on you should be asked what save you wish to continue with as they are different saves now. It should allow you to override the cloud save with the local one if  you have any. 

If that does not work, you can always go ahead and deactivate cloud save, delete your local settings file (this will reset your campaign progress and settings) and then relaunch the game. Play for a while and then, reactivate cloud save and overwrite your cloud save with the local files.

Darko.png
Message 16 of 27 (3,524 Views)

★ Apprentice
I wasn't shouting....

I'll try that and see.
Message 17 of 27 (3,521 Views)

★ Apprentice

I believe I have found the cause of the problem.... my Documents folder was set to read-only! It turns out that my save for NFS Most Wanted was there, but it was inaccessible to the cloud due to not just the files themselves, but the whole folder somehow being read-only. I disabled that, and sure enough, no more nag about the cloud sync not working. Thank someone's god I figured it out. I appreciate your help, though. When you mentioned deleting the local saves, I realized that while I had checked if they were there still before, I had not checked if they were writeable or not. Well, good thing I did!

So for anyone else who runs into this issue, check to see if any of the folder hierarchy is set to read-only. Especially if you have just reinstalled Windows and restored a local back up of your Documents folder like I have. That just might solve your error.

Message 18 of 27 (7,971 Views)

Community Manager

@GuyInDogSuit Had you said that you had just reinstalled Windows and done a back up of your My Documents folder my first reply would have been to check if the folder was read-only. 

It's a common issue that pops up from time to time but one that is easily overlooked if the exact facts are not known. 

Darko.png
Message 19 of 27 (3,493 Views)