Re: Your action cannot be processed.

by AeroMiso

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Your action cannot be processed.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi,

I am trying to purchase the Sims Medieval and it keeps giving me this message. I checked all my payment methods and they work on other sites. I tried disabling my VPN, logging out and in, and clearing my cache. What could be preventing me from purchasing?

Message 1 of 17 (4,952 Views)

Accepted Solution

@AdharaKyelth @maelstrom209 @AeroMiso @LukeHandysides @pelzclif and @DeathShivaSenpai  This issue may be resolved now.  If you're still interested in buying Sims 3 content, please try again, and let me know whether it worked.  It may help to clear Origin's cache first.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 14 of 17 (5,971 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I think I'm experiencing the same problem. I tried to purchase some expansions for Sims 3 and wasn't able to. I was able to pre-order Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle with no issues so I don't think it's my payment method. It might be something wrong with these legacy Sims 3 generation games.

Message 2 of 17 (4,904 Views)

★★★ Novice

That sucks so much since the older games are better in my opinion.

Message 3 of 17 (4,891 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same. I dug up all of my old Sims 3 discs and can't buy the three expansion packs I lost the codes for years ago, and EA Support refused to give me new codes (because, apparently, I used my Late Night code on a previous EA account that I have no memory of ever having). It's infuriating. Disabling my VPN, rebooting my computer, checked and double checked my one payment method, none of it worked to fix the issue.

Message 4 of 17 (4,857 Views)

@AdharaKyelth @maelstrom209 and @AeroMiso  Please list the country you're in, and if you can, try connecting through a different ISP, for example using your phone as a mobile hotspot (be sure it's using data and not your home wifi).  Also let me know what category of payment method you're trying to use, e.g. credit card or PayPal.  And definitely try with your VPN disabled, if possible.  But please don't buy from a third party, at least not yet—someone in the same situation tried doing so and can't register the code.

If this isn't a temporary blip, I'll ask that someone from EA look into it, so any general information about the issue would be appreciated.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 17 (4,832 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm in the US and trying to use a Visa debit card to pay. I also pre-ordered the new Sims 4 expansion with no issues, so it's definitely something up with Sims 3 specifically. I don't have the ability to use my phone as a hotspot, and I've already tried disabling my VPN to no avail. Frown

Message 6 of 17 (4,827 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm from the US. I am trying to use my ea wallet/gift card balance, which is enough to cover my purchase. I have also tried with Paypal. No payment method seems to be working. If you can get in contact with someone from EA, that would be stellar, because I have no idea what's happening. 

Message 7 of 17 (4,799 Views)

No payment working

★★★ Newbie

I’ve tried using my card, removing my card from origin and trying to put it back on my account but it won’t let me. I’ve tried paying with my PayPal account but that’s not letting me. This is the same card I have always used to pay for all Sims 4 and Sims 3 expansion packs but nothing is working. Help?

Message 8 of 17 (4,720 Views)

★★★ Novice
@AdharaKyelth Hey, im having similar issues except im trying to purchase sims 3 generations expansion pack. I even tried purchasing a bundle and it wont let me buy anything! I tried buying it directly from origin, and buying the game online from walmart. I tried registering it once i bought it from walmart on the sims 3 website and that wouldnt work either. Its so frustrating. I even went through the process of clearing my cache and all that. I talked to EA support this morning and they didnt really have a solution, just confirmed that i wasnt able to buy the game and told me to wait. Sucks because sims 3 is my favorite!
Message 9 of 17 (4,686 Views)

★ Novice

I also have had this problem. I have talked to two EA support agents. The first one told me to clear my cache, but this did not solve anything. The second told me to just wait it out. Has anyone had any success with solving this problem? 

Message 10 of 17 (4,668 Views)