Wrong Currency

by CaffineDragon

Original Post

Wrong Currency

★ Novice

I live in the United States but the currency on my app reports my currency is py6. I have lookws this up on the forums and you say that this cant be changed because it goes by the local currency. My local currency is USD. Others from other countries have been having this problem as well, causing them to often pay more because of conversion rates or not to be able to purchase stuff at all because that country has a game banned. You need to fix this! I can't safely order anything off of your site or app without worrying that conversion rates are gonna mess up my purchase. THis is a serious problem. You need to make it able to be changed just for times like this.

Message 1 of 2 (186 Views)

Re: Wrong Currency

EA DICE Team

@CaffineDragon 

Hey there,

Based on your comment I think there's two options as to what is happening:

• You've chosen to browse the RU Origin store, instead of the US one. This can be changed via the "Store Preferences" button at the bottom of store frontpage. Note you will be able to view, but not purchase outside of your designated home store.
  • You are using a VPN service to change your country. This isn't supported so you might run into issues purchasing on the Origin store through this method.
Message 2 of 2 (164 Views)