Re: Won't download Cottage Living

by Daisy-Cali-Honey

Original Post

Won't download Cottage Living

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 - basic pack. Which we downloaded first just today. And bought the Cottage living after and entered the code for it.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It won't download the Cottage Living pack. I have tried clearing the cache. It keeps showing under download manager but it won't start downloading
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't download. Says my daughter owns the pack inside game. But she can't play it.
What do you expect to see? We expect her to be able to play the DLC
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As you can see on the screenshot. The download manager won't download it. The client won't even recognize that it has been bought if you look at second screenshot - "Buy Cottage Living.jpg"

And yes we cleared the cache and tried following the guides.

Message 1 of 4 (1,085 Views)

★ Novice

As you can see it also says in game that she already has this pack.

Furthermore now it is gone again from the download manager.

Just fix it.

Message 2 of 4 (1,073 Views)

@Daisy-Cali-Honey  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

Now check in-game to see whether the Cottage Living content shows up.  Please look for both the new world and for items in Build/Buy and let me know whether they're present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (1,051 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. It is much appriciated. Cause we have only tried to clear the cache. Later today we must tried this entire tip.

Message 4 of 4 (987 Views)