Witcher 3 Freezing

by 3GYUP4L

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Witcher 3 Freezing

★ Novice

Just got Witcher 3 as a gift and I haven't even been able to play it yet. Once I get past the introduction cinematic, the game just freezes with the music playing. I am able to close out the program using Task Manager, but once I get back in it's the same issue. I've tried reinstalling and updating my drivers. I filled out an error report and got this ID: 1026661ac000a9ec

Message 1 of 6 (1,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Witcher 3 Freezing

★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko , unfortunately none of the steps worked, but the good news is that I was able to resolve the issue by running the program as administrator. Thanks for all your time and help! 

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (950 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @3GYUP4L as the Witcher 3 is not an EA game then the support we can offer is limited.

If you are playing with an Nvidia card then the first thing you can try is opening the NVidia Control Panel and under Manage 3D settings go to "Program Settings" and select "The Witcher 3" From here you need to set the power management mode to "Prefer maximum performance".

If the issue remains then grab a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello @EA_Darko ,

Thanks for offering to help- I changed the settings in NVidia Control Panel as suggested, still didn't work. Attached is my DxDiag, as requested.

Message 3 of 6 (998 Views)

Community Manager

The first thing to do @3GYUP4L is to see if there are any upated drivers for your GPU. I know yours are recent enough but no harm checking. 

The only thing really jumping out at me from your UO Trace is the fact that Windows updater seems to be having issues. It's no harm going in and checking that everything on your system is fully up to date.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (971 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko , unfortunately none of the steps worked, but the good news is that I was able to resolve the issue by running the program as administrator. Thanks for all your time and help! 

Message 5 of 6 (951 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @3GYUP4L.

It is often the most simple of fixes that works.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (933 Views)