Re: Windows Prompt Sims4 Update

by joannafrancis-

Original Post

Windows Prompt Sims4 Update

★★ Novice

This is the third time in a year I have had this issue, it seems whenever The Sims has an update I have to take my laptop to curry's to get it fixed, in which both times my latptop has been completely wiped. But I am now to the point where if they can fix it surly I can? And not to the extent of me having to wipe my laptop everytime. 

Sims4 needed an update but comes up with the message 'windows blocked' I retry, then a message appears saying '...say yes when prompted'. No message ever shows. I have seen this a lot online and have tried everything.

I have cleared caches 

Clean Bot

Run as administrator 

Uninstalled and reinstalled origin

Disabled on services 

I have allowed on my firewall
I have even tried turning all firewall off

I have set uac to the lowest and the highest

I have tried repairing the game over and over again 

It verifies' the game but gets to 99%, shows 100% and then comes up with the message again.

I have all packs and feel like my only option now is to purchase base game on Steam and hope it doesn't need Origin to work. 

Message 1 of 8 (697 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@joannafrancis- 

Please list the exact error messages. Also specify what antivirus program you use.

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (655 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! 

Thank you! 

The message is 

''Oops, windows blocked our attempt to download game content, if you'd like to allow Origin to download content to your computer, select 'retry' below. When prompted, grant permission within the User Account Control pop-up. (never comes up even if I have the bar on highest or lowest) 

Then I try the 'Retry' button and it comes up with the same message.

I have paid twice for Currys to fix it both times I got my laptop back completely wiped. I have re-purchased sims4 base game on steam and it works, I have transferred across all contect s I have all the DLC on steam too, but that too keeps pushing me back to origin. I love the sims its my favourite game, and I just can't imagine not playing it so, if worse comes to worse I would rather ask Currys to show me how they fixed it last time and just accept the fact I'll never be able to have a long lineage of sims Frown

I only have windows firewall defender on the laptop.

So I ran the Dxdiag which I tried to copy and paste the text but this said it had too many characters so I will post attached, if that doesn't work let me know and I will upload over x2 messages.

Message 3 of 8 (633 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @joannafrancis- can you try the steps below in order:

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Origin and uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windows button and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Install on the game you want). 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (618 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @joannafrancis-, did you manage to get this sorted?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (590 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! 

nope nothing has worked followed all steps mentioned just so sad. 

kindest 

Joanna 

Message 6 of 8 (572 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @joannafrancis-, in that case you can try setting up a new Windows admin account and then install the game there to see if it works. This issue is not related to Origin or the game but rather to a system permission issue. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 8 (557 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey! I’ve tried this twice now each time failing to work I create a new user and make them administrators, I try to download the game and it comes up with the same message. I currently have brought the game on steam and transferred across my packs but I can’t understand what’s wrong with my laptop for it to keep blocking the download. Do you have any other solutions I can try? I’m getting desperate and don’t want to take it to curry’s and pay to get it fixed again and my whole laptop to go back to factory reset and lose everything. But I’m feeling like I will do this as I just love sims so much. 

Message 8 of 8 (509 Views)