Re: Will people be compensated for battlefield 5 price drop?

by uberdoomhammer

Original Post

Will people be compensated for battlefield 5 price drop?

★ Novice

Good afternoon.  I was wondering if people that paid full price for battlefield 5 would be compensated for the rapid price drop, one week after launch?  I think it is unfair that people that did not support the game at launch get the advantage of a huge discount one week after launch.  Essentially, they can get the deluxe version for the same price I paid for the standard version at launch.  Maybe an upgrade to the deluxe version at no cost can be awarded to the people that paid full price at launch as compensation?  If not, this situation is kind of a slap in the face to the people that love and support your game.  On a brighter note, battlefield 5 is a great game and I am loving playing it.  Keep up the great work.  Hoping to hear something back soon.  Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 6 (943 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DethStalker7 great to see that you are enjoying the game.

In relation to your question, sorry to say that I am not aware of any plans to give those who purchased the game on launch any additional content. The game has not had a price drop but rather like many recent titles has been included in sales from a number of retailers. These sales are limited time offers and I believe that most are already over and the game is back to its regular price.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (900 Views)

★ Novice

A select few were included in major price drops for black Friday and cyber Monday week deals, but not as much as 20-30 dollars off a week after launch.  As of today, you can still buy Battlefield 5 for 40 dollars at places like target or gamestop.  Even so, giving people that waited just "one week" such a discount and doing nothing for people that paid full price at launch is not a fair thing to do.  This just sends the message that your loyal customers should just wait or not buy your product at launch anymore.  I'm sure I am not the only one thinking this.  I still think an upgrade to deluxe should be made to those who want it, that have purchased the game on launch day.  It'll be a good faith move by EA.  Again, thank you for your time and quick response.

Message 3 of 6 (888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was wondering the same thing as OP, especially since there was/is a deal ON ORIGIN for BF V normal edition (30 €) or deluxe edition (40 €) if you own BF 4 and/or 1.

I attached screenshots of this deal since I can't see it myself (mabye because I already own the game). Which is an outrage. Sure, if dealers offer limited discounts, it's just bad luck to buy too early (or late), but this is you, THE PUBLISHER, giving the discount, for loyal fans -- but not for those who happily bought the game at launch at full price, it seems.

I bought this game just some days ago, and here you go offering the deluxe edition for less than I paid for the normal edition. Don't you realize this is a slap in the face for people who have Origin Access, or who buy it full-price on launch? I am just glad I didn't get the 80€ deluxe edition, or I'd be REALLY furious.

Is there any chance to at least get a free upgrade to the deluxe edition?

Message 4 of 6 (803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh look, ANOTHER deal on Origin...

33% off this weekend

Message 5 of 6 (759 Views)

★★★ Novice
Refund it before your 30 days are over and then purchase it again from a 3rd party. Game should still sync unlocked content after.
Message 6 of 6 (666 Views)