Will owners of Origin games receive Steam keys when they release on Steam?

by DunnyWasTaken

Original Post

Re: Will owners of Origin games receive Steam keys when they release on Steam?

★★★ Novice

It's nice that the ''locating games'' on origin has been broken for ages & the lastest Origin update broke the ability to add Steam Overlay and Remote play from Steam... (It worked easily for a while and now nothing is compatible again)

Fix those or let me do everything through Steam already! Personnally, I have been stuck with Origin since BF3 Preorders and I can't take it anymore. Giving you MORE money, AGAIN through Steam isn't an option.

Thank you for your help / understanding...

Message 41 of 72 (1,721 Views)

★★ Novice

What happens if I own the game on Origin, but I buy it again on Steam? For example, Burnout Paradise Remastered.

It's annoying that I bought original Burnout Paradise the Ultimate Box on Steam (2013), and they didn't change it to Remastered version.

Also, I bought the Remastered version on Origin. A month later it was released on Steam.

Message 42 of 72 (1,666 Views)

★★★ Novice

I thought EA was turning over a new leaf obviously not. Indy developers showing EA how it's done. I have bought games on Itch.io and received a Steam, key when they have come to Steam.

Message 43 of 72 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 44 of 72 (1,534 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Suikotsu07 Its empty man ?! Can anyone explain me in few words - i paid for 1 year EA Play - so now i would like to use STEAM to avoid the useless EA crap ops sorry Origin app. Is it POSSIBLE or not ? Please ...
Message 45 of 72 (1,515 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Loopper11 nope. you still need Origin anyway. basically like Uplay, but from what i heard, on a more uncomfortable level since we have to deal with that highly polished manure
Message 46 of 72 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Novice

I use Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, I believe EA play was included with this from November 10th. EA play, Uplay, and Stadia can't give you the value for money Xbox does. I include Stadia because Xcloud is just around the corner. I know streaming games is trash at the moment but with another player on the field, this should improve.

Message 47 of 72 (1,304 Views)

★★ Guide

It's nuts how I made this thread back in June and EA are still ignoring us, their customers. I'm here for the long haul EA, give us our Origin games on Steam.

Message 48 of 72 (1,271 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I bought Jedi Fallen order from steam and downloaded it.

After i launched the game from steam origin appeared and asked me to link the game with my EA account.

After i linked the accounts the game appeard in my origin library but asked me to download it again.

When i clicked download the game in origin it didnt even start to download and origin said the installation was not found, as if i clicked play instead of download.

Bad enough that  origin doesnt detect the game in the steam library, but on top of that i cant even download the game from the origin app. When i try to downlad from origin, steam tries to launch the game and origin tells me the game is not installed despite the fact that the game is downloaded from steam...

Care to explain this loophole?

Message 49 of 72 (1,086 Views)

★★★ Novice

I Notice Mr. Hey all community manager has not been back to give us an update.

In the future, I will wait until an EA game I want comes to steam and on offer, or I will find it on a key shop site.

Why should I show any loyalty when they obviously do not believe in it. 

Message 50 of 72 (995 Views)