Will owners of Origin games receive Steam keys when they release on Steam?

by DunnyWasTaken

Original Post

Re: Will owners of Origin games receive Steam keys when they release on Steam?

★★ Novice

So does that mean that if I have Titanfall 2 on Origin, then buy it on Steam, my progress doesn't crossover?

Message 21 of 72 (2,622 Views)

★★ Novice

people asking for a steam key is because the Origin launcher sucks! 

Message 22 of 72 (2,595 Views)

★★ Novice

Any plans to give people steam keys for games already bought through origin?

i mean we are talking hundreds of bucks.

Message 23 of 72 (2,318 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I would like to say "Huge disappointment", but that's exactly what I expected from EA! xD

So... what does that say about your company? Standard smile

Message 24 of 72 (2,216 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. This is exactly the kind of awful user experience we've come to expect from EA. They finally stop shoving their Origin malware down our throats but guess what? You want to play the games you own? Buy everything again.

Thank you EA, thank you for nothing.

Message 25 of 72 (2,178 Views)

★ Apprentice
@AugustsEve you would still need to use Origin for those new Steam games to work. So basically you are just paying twice and they keep shoving it through your throats (?
Message 26 of 72 (2,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is very disappointing and there's definitely something that can be done. I Bought a game from Steam awhile ago, when I linked my steam account with Origin it showed up in Origin in my game library. I know this is the other way around but there's no reason why it can't work both ways other than corporate greed. Especially since when you launch Sims 4 from Steam it opens the Origin Launcher anyway. The game in question was Alice Madness Returns.

Message 27 of 72 (1,942 Views)

★ Novice

I know your problem, it's not fair! The Steam keys of EA games can activate on Origin, but the Origin keys can't be activated on Steam.
According to past situations,  you just get all EA games serials from Steam and copy these serials then active games on Origin, no needs to link your Steam account on the Origin interface.

So, the best way is always purchase EA games on Steam, then find Steam keys to activate on Origin, never buy any games on Origin. 

Message 28 of 72 (1,914 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@alexandercuna That is exactly what is being asked here, and the answer is, simply put, "not happening"
Message 29 of 72 (1,809 Views)

★★ Guide
@Dragonriderabens Unfortunately it looks like it won't be happening. EA, most hated company in the games industry strikes again.
Message 30 of 72 (1,792 Views)