Re: Will owners of Origin games receive Steam keys when they release on Steam?

by DunnyWasTaken

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I hope they fix this because I really want to do battlefield achievements on steam without purchase the game again on steam...

Message 51 of 72 (1,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DunnyWasTaken Looks like it was a slap in the face. Kinda sucks. I don't mind if it auto launches Origin to play the game. Honestly, I just like having all my games in one area and the Perks of Steam such as trading cards. They could have easily made you link a Steam account or given codes for it.
Message 52 of 72 (1,539 Views)

★★ Guide
@KiIIer-21 I don't mind if it auto launches Origin either, other Steam games already do that (Uplay for Rainbow Six Siege for example). Just the ability to have Steam automatic updates, the Steam overlay and have my hours tracked like everyone who buys through Steam gets would be great! Trading cards like you said aswell! It doesn't sound too far fetched to me to have a system where you link your Steam account through the Origin client and any games you own through there that are on Steam, they grant you a license to play it through Steam with the requirement of Origin auto launching when you play the game. But no EA favour their new customers over their customers who bought their games on launch when they were only available on Origin. It makes me so angry.
Message 53 of 72 (1,520 Views)

★★★ Novice

How is it legal for EA to take things I have purchesd away from me with no warning and no alternative but to TRY and find the games elsewhere and Pay for them again.

examples:

Ultima 1 - 9 (9 games)

Wing Commander 2 and 4 (two games)

Wing Commander Privateer (1 game)

Battle front  II Soccer ball

Crusader no regret Soccer ball

Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 Football

Is there a way to download my programs like I can do with GoG so that

if the service goes down or they just decide to take the games back or disable them like EA did

with 16 of my games....that once again I remind you *I* already paid for.

Message 54 of 72 (1,476 Views)

★★ Guide
Any update EA? It's been nearly 8 months since I originally posted this.
Message 55 of 72 (1,427 Views)

★★★ Novice

All I know is that currently the Origin launcher is crap and stops displayiing my games all I get right now is

white square boxes that do nothing, and when I do see my games they  will not download they sit there saying

the download is in queue.

I have been working with EA help for a month now and so far the only game out 50 or so I can play is Dragon Age 2. 

I took a break from beating my head against a wall but will probably try to get access to my games tomorrow.

Message 56 of 72 (1,412 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh and if they are going to remove a game from availability they should be issuing a DRM free set of files so you can still play.

Message 57 of 72 (1,410 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have, among others, all 3 Dragon Age games on physical disc. Back then Origin was *required* to play. Would be great if we could activate our physical copies too.

Message 58 of 72 (1,092 Views)

★★ Novice

8 months...oof

A friend of my just purchased DAI on Steam. I see him playing it & getting achievements. Me? I beat it when it came out. I want to play through it again but what's the point if I have to use origin? I installed SWTOR & got a TON of achievements credit. sweet! DAI? No go! I have to BUY the game on steam, to play on origin lite,  to get achievements that I've already have on origin...EA man, class act.

Message 59 of 72 (851 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA is the worst company i have played so far that is all. They dont care about their custimers.

They request double purchase for their games, they remove their games from your library without any warning or not even a way to chose how to download the game.

I like EA games, but unfortunatelly they do not deserve customers loyalty. 

I can early tell to everyone, if for any reason EA come to bankruptcy EA will shutdown their service without any warning neither any customer support. 

Message 60 of 72 (663 Views)