Re: Will i loose progress if i unlink my ea account on psn

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will i loose progress if i unlink my ea account on psn

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello! I have an EA that I only use for Apex on Playstation 4, however, I would like to switch EA accounts but I don't want to lose all my progress if I unlink my main account (which I first started off with) through Origin to my Playstation. Will all my stuff be saved if I unlink that account then eventually re-sign in with it?

Message 1 of 36 (15,602 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @diligent_savvs

You will lose your progress if you unlink the PSN account and move it to a different EA Account. For more information I'd recommend checking out this article from the EA Help website. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 36 (14,957 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @chonkybreadloaf

Unlinking the PSN ID from its EA Account will reset the progress for that account. Unfortunately there is no way for us to recover progress if it's lost this way. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 36 (15,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If I play ultimate and unlink my account to my new psn will I lose my ultimate team on fifa

Message 3 of 36 (14,986 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @diligent_savvs

You will lose your progress if you unlink the PSN account and move it to a different EA Account. For more information I'd recommend checking out this article from the EA Help website. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 36 (14,958 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So if I unlink my Xbox account with an old ea account, can I re link it with my old account? Is my data stored with that old ea account? If it isn’t stored on that account that’s a pretty big flaw you guys have with your system. No other game companies have this dumb practice.

Message 5 of 36 (14,774 Views)

Community Manager

@TJLockie 

Right, if you relink it back to the original EA Account it should recover your progress. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 36 (14,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lol it worked for me, I unlinked my PSN from my old account and linked it back to a new account and I still had my progress.

Message 7 of 36 (14,039 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hi would I be able to get my possessions back on my psn account if I relink it to the original ea account?
Message 8 of 36 (13,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@FOOTBALL567833 

Right, if you connect the PSN account back to the original EA Account it should recover your progress. 

Kent.png
Message 9 of 36 (13,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent so are customer service or the live chat able to relink my psn to my ea account as there is a six month wait before i can do it myself?
Message 10 of 36 (12,966 Views)