Re: Why is the client so slow and laggy? It's actually worse than ever.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is the client so slow and laggy? It's actually worse than ever.

★★★ Apprentice

I keep my PC clean and bug free, and every other gameing client runs great, except Origin. It's beyond troubleshooting at this point, the client is pure * now, for lack of a better word.  Lets face facts.  Honestly what do you do with all the feedback we've given in your surveys?   I know i've filled out more than one over the past 24 months or so.

I'm subscribed to Access ever since the free week and I was going to give it at least a month but with how it's performing lately I might as well start the client and go make a cup of tea while it boots up.  I hope you guys can figure out what's dragging it down, it certainly doesn't need flashy graphics and alpha channel UI effects to be efficient.

Message 1 of 7 (11,601 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@DCAustin007 Sorry to see that you are having issues, I user Origin on a daily basis and have not experienced issues with it being slow or laggy. As Origin is a modified browser it may be a case that you are having issues with your settings that is slowing it down, can I ask what exactly the issue you are seeing is, does Origin freeze, take a long time to respond or other?

Can you also let me know what if any troubleshooting you have done and if you have not already cleared the Origin cache can you please do so?

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (11,570 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DCAustin007 Sorry to see that you are having issues, I user Origin on a daily basis and have not experienced issues with it being slow or laggy. As Origin is a modified browser it may be a case that you are having issues with your settings that is slowing it down, can I ask what exactly the issue you are seeing is, does Origin freeze, take a long time to respond or other?

Can you also let me know what if any troubleshooting you have done and if you have not already cleared the Origin cache can you please do so?

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (11,571 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I certainly did not know you could clear the cache like that, so I did it, and it did seem to help a bit. Thanks, but overall the client is still very slow. It's like it's an early 2000s smart phone trying to run modern apps. No offense but why do they think it's acceptable in this state?
Message 3 of 7 (11,460 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Its true, it lags so bad and when you scroll through the collections its like early android, lagsville.

Message 4 of 7 (10,269 Views)

★★ Novice

slight improvement, but origin should still not be that slow.

Message 5 of 7 (9,300 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this issue as always, like other issues.

Message 6 of 7 (8,219 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DCAustin007 I cannot wait for Apex to be on Steam. Origins is the worst game library on this planet.
Message 7 of 7 (8,166 Views)