Why does my sims 4 game keep re downloading itself on origin?

by niccy_boo

Original Post

Why does my sims 4 game keep re downloading itself on origin?

★★★ Newbie

I have Sims 4 on my laptop and ps4. This issue is for my laptop running Windows. I’ve had it for months on my laptop and I used to have the game on an old laptop too, but this has never happened before. Almost every time (probably every other time) that I open origin, it starts re downloading my game (which takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes, sometimes it takes longer and then I give up) but why is this happening? I only have 1 expansion pack on here so I don’t understand why it takes so long. Randomly during the download process it will also say “patching files” too. It’s very frustrating because I only play for 1-2 hours at a time so having to wait 1 hour for the game to re download is very annoying. The timing on the download also changes very rapidly. Sometimes it will say 0 minutes 0 seconds remaining, and then the next minute it will say 8 hours remaining. Why is it doing this? How can I make it stop? How can I help the download run faster if I can’t make it stop? Thanks in advance Standard smile 

Message 1 of 2 (2,422 Views)

Re: Why does my sims 4 game keep re downloading itself on origin?

Community Manager

Hey @niccy_boo, can you ensure that you are running Origin as administrator and that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (2,390 Views)