Re: Why SWBF2 wants to install again after origin update ?

by PewPewSerkan

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko Ok I'll try that too. Actually there are other people having the same issues but they're not as a report, instead they're written in other peoples reports inside comments. So it's possible you've missed them. They've found the solution to reverting back to older version of origin too. I don't know, this problem looks messed up. I've played again yesterday night for 3 hours without any problem. I'll let you know if it works with new admin account. Thanks.

Message 11 of 14 (316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That didn't work either....... Now I'm trying something else. I've uninstalled steam version now and downloading again the epic version to a different folder. Maybe this time it'll work. I think the new version of origin didn't like the location where the game was installed (steam folder) so it started to cause problem. Which I meant before that the game doesn't let you install, saying....

06:42:38 Processing EAIN file 'D:\Game Install\STAR WARS Battlefront II\__Installer\Touchup.dat'.
06:42:38 Game already installed to: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\STAR WARS Battlefront II\starwarsbattlefrontii.exe
06:42:38 Game has been previously installed. Retrieving installed info.
06:42:38 Game (STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II) with locale (en_US) previously installed at E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\STAR WARS Battlefront II\
06:42:38 (Config)Updating locale to: en_US
06:42:38 (Config)Updating install location to: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\STAR WARS Battlefront II\

So I hope the fresh install without steam version will work............. Steam version too Standard smile

I'll let you know the results after the looong download time Standard smile

Thanks.

Message 12 of 14 (305 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hey @EA_Darko the game is fixed with the epic version. But now I don't know how to make it work with Steam version since I've uninstalled it. Is there a way to make it work ? Do I have to install the game again this time with steam ? I'm really confused over here Standard smile Thanks.
Message 13 of 14 (290 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's like a sick joke..... here is what happened,

- I've uninstalled everything about the game

- updated origin

- first, Installed Epic Games version to a different drive and it works with latest version of origin

- Second, Installed Steam version to different drive and its working

- After installing steam version Epic version stops working and wants to download the game again...... wtf ???????

Message 14 of 14 (283 Views)