Whoops - the installer encountered an error 4:7

★★ Novice

Origin Error codes 4:7 ?

Windows 10

Message 1 of 13 (9,386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Whoops - the installer encountered an error 4:7

★★★ Novice

Close Origin entirely and re-open As Administrator. Solved the problem for me.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (9,351 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Close Origin entirely and re-open As Administrator. Solved the problem for me.

Message 2 of 13 (9,352 Views)

★ Novice

this also worked for me

Message 3 of 13 (9,256 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello ! I encountered the same problem while opening Origin. While updating, the same error occured : error code 4:7. Then I tried to run Origin as administrator, but it still not working (error code 9:0 this time)...

Message 4 of 13 (8,717 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Try downloading update/installer from here: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/download

Then run that as administrator, worked for me.

Message 5 of 13 (8,705 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello ! Thank you for your answer. Actually I just cleared the cache and it worked for me

Message 6 of 13 (8,525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That doesn't help at all this link was talking about installing not just opening

Message 7 of 13 (4,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has no one replied to this? Because i'm having same issue...

Message 8 of 13 (4,780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I feel your irritation and possible hate, I just wanted some virtual company in the middle of the quarantine but instead, I get to spend an hour or two trying to get things running after another Origin "update". You will see any number of error codes if you simply try to right click and run as administrator: 10:1, 16:-1. 4:7, possibly 666, and I think I saw pi once as well. 

Best I've found is to completely uninstall Origin, make sure it isn't running anywhere. Then google how to clear your origin cache, go through that process while you ponder the fact that no other game service requires this much hand holding, then offer thanks these clowns don't have anything to do with making cars or anything vital. 

Then you can restart your origin install, and with any luck, it'll work this time. Don't bother sacrificing the goat to this dark, irritating, evil entity, that didn't do anything but clear out my cash. Hahahaha, get it? 

Long term solution? Hope EA comes to its senses, avoid buying any of their future products that need Origin. 

Message 9 of 13 (4,703 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I cleared my cache, removed & redownloaded OriginThinSetup.Exe, reopened to run as administrator, and still encountering Error Code 4:7... any other ideas? 

Message 10 of 13 (4,668 Views)