Whoops! An error occurred,please try again later / ref. #54001

by karuk5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Whoops! An error occurred,please try again later / ref. #54001

★★★ Novice

Oops! That didn't work, let's try again.

I want to buy a game, I have had this error for a while now, same as most I have tried chatting and calling and none of which found a solution. I received this error on the app and internet:

Whoops!
An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error: httpRequest ERROR: https://gateway.ea.com/proxy/commerce/carts2/store-cart-purchase-1559957351827/offerEntries?storeId=... 400 (Bad Request)]

And I get this one when I am trying to buy it in the game:

Oops!
That didn't work, let's try again. If the problem persists you may want to use a different payment method or try again later. [ref. #54001]

So far I have tried:

1.Changing payment methods

2.Clear my cache and history

3.Followed the steps they sent in RUN

4. Check my IP Address for the right region

5.Asked if I was blocked

6.Different browsers

7.Tried in-app and desktop version

I read threads that mentioned this issue before but it seems that the only resolution was a patch that was released. I asked EA if they were able to use my payment method to buy the game I wanted but kept ignoring me. I want to buy this game on sale but I feel like that won't happen.

Message 1 of 8 (12,031 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Whoops! An error occurred,please try again later / ref. #54001

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the feedback, I had figured it out as well that if I hotspoted my phone to the computer instead of my actual internet. It would show that I was at the correct location. Bit of a headache but at least it worked. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (11,869 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

A number of users were able to fix this issue by trying the steps in this help thread @karuk5https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Unable-to-purchase-games-on-origin-true-amp-needClear...

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (11,980 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried all those options and they still don't seem to work for me the proxy is unchecked for me from the beginning I've tried clearing my cache, changing the country of origin. and it still seems to not work 😭

Message 3 of 8 (11,972 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try using your phone as a hot spot and connecting through it @karuk5 to see if the issue remains?

For an issue such as this, the more info we have the better we can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (11,957 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@karuk5 After trying 2 different payment methods over 2 days, I was able to work around this issue by temporarily disabling my VPN. After that, payment succeeded. I'm not sure why EA considers VPN/proxy to imply an illegitimate purchase.
Message 5 of 8 (11,882 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the feedback, I had figured it out as well that if I hotspoted my phone to the computer instead of my actual internet. It would show that I was at the correct location. Bit of a headache but at least it worked. 

Message 6 of 8 (11,870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

somebody help i tried that hotspot thing but still dont work i wanna buy like Battlefield V money it dont work it says like error 50001 or something Edit:oh wait it works now

Message 7 of 8 (10,682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've seen users from as far as 2015-16 complaining of the same issue for a specific game or just the EA play subscription. The EA advisors have no clue of getting around this and after months of asking around, I think I found 2 plausible solutions for this.
1. This is probably mentioned in some of the solutions but checking the location in your account settings on the profile page helps. Quite a few of my friends noticed that the location was a different country from what they initially entered during registration
2. If 1 doesn't work for you, the other option is to ask a friend in a different country to buy it for your account using a card from their country. This has so far worked for at least 10-15 of my friends who were facing a similar issue 

Message 8 of 8 (2,706 Views)