Re: Whoops! An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #vault-entitlement-

by columbia93

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Whoops! An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #vault-entitlement-fail

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying EA Play - anytime I try to "add game to the Library" I get this error.  

Great client experience so far. 

Message 1 of 5 (943 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Whoops! An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #vault-entitlement-

Community Manager

Sorry to see that your Origin is not working @zZzaRozZz, the best thing to try in this situation is to clear your Origin cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (911 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to see that your Origin is not working @zZzaRozZz, the best thing to try in this situation is to clear your Origin cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (912 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem with C&C Remastered,

and solution given here is something that I defiantly don't plan to attempt doing because I don't feel comfortable with it,

is there any serious work to solve that by EA in a legit way in the near future?

Message 3 of 5 (867 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Schwayxtix1000 the steps above are something I would recommend doing every couple of weeks to ensure that your Origin is running as it should.

It clears out older junk files and just keeps Origin fresh so to speak. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (843 Views)

★ Guide

Agreed. Although there was a time when I was having to do it every 3 weeks because of updates. It's nonsense. I didn't like doing it then and I'm ticked that it's what is being asked of us now.  It isn't a simple matter. Yes, you can do it successfully if you follow the instructions but it is a lot of instruction and it is very tedious when you're so worried about what will happen if you screw it up. It feels a bit like "Yeah, you pay us money to take care of this but please, you need to actually take care of it".

"Too much and never enough"

Message 5 of 5 (763 Views)