White screen upon installation/unable to log in

by natalie0590

Original Post

White screen upon installation/unable to log in

★★★ Newbie

Hi there. Since wiping my computer, Origin worked previously and Ive spent a lot of money on games, when I try to reinstall Origin app I get a tab open up but then a white screen. I can log onto Origin on a web page but unfortunately you cannot play the games off that. I have tried running as administrator and uninstalling and reinstalling as well as adding manually to the firewall exception list. After all this I am still unable to access my origin account and games. Is this update no longer compatible with windows 7, used to work just fine until recently, or is there another way to fix this.  

Message 1 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: White screen upon installation/unable to log in

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @natalie0590. Would you mind trying to clear the Origin Cache to see if it makes a difference.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

If that does not help then can you try the following:

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window.
  5. Open the Origin client

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (140 Views)