Well that didnt go as planned MAC

by issy16rose

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Well that didnt go as planned MAC

★★ Novice

whenever i load up origin i get the "well that didn't go as expected message" and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times and deleting the cache file like I've seen suggested but the app just keeps coming up with the message, i just want to install a game i just bought so i can play it but have always run into this issue, please help!

Message 1 of 4 (3,158 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Well that didnt go as planned MAC

@issy16rose  Please try running the Origin reset tool for macs.  It removes all the hidden cache files at once, without your having to go folder by folder.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't work, run the Origin reset tool again, then uninstall Origin without opening it after the reset.  Then you can download a new copy.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,148 Views)

All Replies

@issy16rose  Please try running the Origin reset tool for macs.  It removes all the hidden cache files at once, without your having to go folder by folder.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't work, run the Origin reset tool again, then uninstall Origin without opening it after the reset.  Then you can download a new copy.

Message 2 of 4 (3,149 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you, i tried your solution and it doesn't come to the unexpected problem message anymore, but it still wont load completely and is stuck on the loading screen, ill leave it running to see if it eventually loads though.

Message 3 of 4 (3,138 Views)

@issy16rose  What version of mac OS are you running?  Origin doesn't always work on some of the older ones.  To find out which one you have, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select About This Mac.

Message 4 of 4 (3,123 Views)