Re: Well, that didn't go as planned

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Well, that didn't go as planned

★★★ Newbie

Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it – if that doesn’t work, restart the client or try again later. 

PLEASE HELP ME!! 

Message 1 of 103 (267,104 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I was able to fix this problem by deleting the Origin cache files

1. first "view hidden files and folders"  Show hidden files
  2. Delete Origin folder in C:\ProgramData\
  3. Delete Origin folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\
  4. Delete Origin folder in C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\

[Admin. addition] - If these steps do not help then try the following, posted below by EA_Nils: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Well-that-didn-t-go-as-planned/m-p/5543899#M217029

View in thread

Message 13 of 103 (302,991 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Keneashaa Hi,

What are you trying to do? What happens on your screen then?

The more information you can provide the easier it will be to assist you.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 103 (266,887 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For me, I get this blank screen when I start Origin (after installing BF1 Beta). Origin seems to connect online and I can still play by launching the games through desktop shortcut but not from within Origin itself. The message says "Well that didn't go as planned." and then on the line below "Please try reloading the page" (doesn't work) "or try again later" (also doesn't work"). No menu options work at all. Tried reinstalling without success. Exact text

Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it – if that doesn’t work, restart the client or try again later.

Message 3 of 103 (266,870 Views)

Community Manager

@SlytheeTove Ah I see, thanks for the detailed description.

Are you using any internet security software, firewall or antivirus program?

If so, have you configured them to work with the Origin Client?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 103 (266,863 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Nils

Well, it was working fine, and then just stopped after I installed the BF1 Beta about a week ago. Now I can't update the beta because I can't initiate the update process from within Origin so I am absolutely stuck.

I have reinstalled Origin without immediate success, although I cheated and did not clear the registry entries, I merely renamed the existing Origin directory and installed the new version. But that did not work either.

Also, the title bar which I can see says "Beta" so maybe I am using a beta version of the Origin windows client?

Stephen

Message 5 of 103 (266,853 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have kind of the same problem, but instead of an error mesage, y see a black screen. can lauch games from their own executable, but cant do any update, repair, friend request, etc

Message 6 of 103 (266,841 Views)

Community Manager

@SlytheeTove Hi, 

First off, please download the Origin installation file from here: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

@Maxpax91 Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you try looking at your reliability monitor following the steps below:

1. Press Win+R to open the run box
2. Type perfmon /rel to open the reliability monitor.

This opens a window where you can click on the error's visually shown (white X in red circle) to find the latest one related to Origin. Click show details and then paste the info that is listed in there in here.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 7 of 103 (266,837 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Nils

The Good News is that I have Origin Client back working again.

Bad news is that I missed the last day of Bf1 beta :-(

Lastly, your instructions are not exactly accurate. Maybe because I was using a Origin Client Beta? All I had to do was to make sure that I did not fubar Origin Games. But there were no CRC files to be found or Download Cache directory.

The registry instructions were more or less correct. I was able to sort that out.

Thanks

Stephen

Message 8 of 103 (266,829 Views)

★★★★ Novice
What is it with people and trying to improve a perfectly working program? Origin was fine. Evrrything was fine. Now i have to pray for my games to work. Can i install the old origin please?
Message 9 of 103 (266,280 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

When I load origin after a restart there is no issue. I play a game. Quit the game. If I try to load a different game nothing happens. So I exit origin through the tray. Wait. Restart origin and I get the message. Why did they have to break what was not broken? This new interface is appalling. Quite apart from being broken it does not give the option of reducing all icons to a size that usefully fit on the one screen.

Message 10 of 103 (266,106 Views)