Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Weird Patch bug

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Weird Patch bug

★★★★ Novice

Alright none of the previous topic options matched the issue I'm experiencing. The Origin Launcher just told me a new patch was available and asked me to refresh, So I did, but now the launcher won't work properly. Whenever I try to open the Launcher none of the content loads. I have tried simply restarting the launcher, running it as an Admin, restarting my PC, and even reinstalling the bloody application (Which takes forever with my * ISP), none of which have resolved the issue and I'd like to play my games so here we are. I've attached a screenshot of what I encounter whenever I launch Origin, as well as a dxdiag, in case that's needed for any reason.

~Wolfe

Message 1 of 6 (236 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Grey_Okami1998 

Clearing your Origin cache as follows should help you here:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Let us know either way, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (205 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Grey_Okami1998 

Clearing your Origin cache as follows should help you here:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Let us know either way, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 6 (206 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Afraid to say I followed the instructions to a T, to no avail. Still the same issue of content not loading in after the restart. Should I try uninstall again or have you got something else? Cheers.

Message 3 of 6 (196 Views)

Community Manager

Clearing the Origin Cache should fix your issue @Grey_Okami1998. The best thing to do is go through the steps a second time and ensure that you do not deviate from them in any way.

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Message 4 of 6 (149 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I ran through the steps at least 4 more times and it still didn't work properly, and I was going to respond with just that but then I noticed several other launchers or applications were doing the same thing. After a bit of research and support it turns out I had to reset my BIOS because there was a bug or corruption or some similar issue. After doing that, Origin, and everything else are working again. I'm sorry for the trouble, and thank you again for the assistance @EA_Darko

Wolfe

Message 5 of 6 (128 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Great to hear that it is working @Grey_Okami1998

Darko

Message 6 of 6 (98 Views)