Re: Weird Patch bug

by Grey_Okami1998

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Weird Patch bug

★★★ Novice

Alright none of the previous topic options matched the issue I'm experiencing. The Origin Launcher just told me a new patch was available and asked me to refresh, So I did, but now the launcher won't work properly. Whenever I try to open the Launcher none of the content loads. I have tried simply restarting the launcher, running it as an Admin, restarting my PC, and even reinstalling the bloody application (Which takes forever with my * ISP), none of which have resolved the issue and I'd like to play my games so here we are. I've attached a screenshot of what I encounter whenever I launch Origin, as well as a dxdiag, in case that's needed for any reason.

~Wolfe

Message 1 of 6 (569 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Grey_Okami1998 

Clearing your Origin cache as follows should help you here:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Let us know either way, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (538 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Grey_Okami1998 

Clearing your Origin cache as follows should help you here:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Let us know either way, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (539 Views)

★★★ Novice

Afraid to say I followed the instructions to a T, to no avail. Still the same issue of content not loading in after the restart. Should I try uninstall again or have you got something else? Cheers.

Message 3 of 6 (529 Views)

Community Manager

Clearing the Origin Cache should fix your issue @Grey_Okami1998. The best thing to do is go through the steps a second time and ensure that you do not deviate from them in any way.

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (482 Views)

★★★ Novice

I ran through the steps at least 4 more times and it still didn't work properly, and I was going to respond with just that but then I noticed several other launchers or applications were doing the same thing. After a bit of research and support it turns out I had to reset my BIOS because there was a bug or corruption or some similar issue. After doing that, Origin, and everything else are working again. I'm sorry for the trouble, and thank you again for the assistance @EA_Darko

Wolfe

Message 5 of 6 (461 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it is working @Grey_Okami1998

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (431 Views)