Re: We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your inte

by danielmkimberley

Original Post

We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet

★★ Novice

Was unable to update my sims 4, it kept coming up this this message:

We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet

I'm fully connected to the internet and have been able to download other things, including origin. 

I have uninstalled the sims, uninstalled origin, reinstalled origin but am now unable to re-download the sims at all!

): HELP

Message 1 of 6 (623 Views)

Re: We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your inte

★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem on Mac. What is the issue!?

Message 2 of 6 (591 Views)

@emmeegeedee and @danielmkimberley  What operating systems do you have?  For a Mac, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select About This Mac.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (547 Views)

★ Novice

It's OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5

Message 4 of 6 (524 Views)

@danielmkimberley  You'll need to use the legacy version of Origin instead of the current one.  First, do a clean uninstall of the app:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

Then download the legacy version from here:

https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (509 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you! This worked splendidly, now I can play The Sims 4 again :D
Message 6 of 6 (468 Views)