Re: WARNING - Do Not Buy EA Games as Origin Client is Unreliable/Buggy

by Erstes

Original Post

Community Manager

That error generally points to a connection issue @Erstes so it's worth going through the steps here to ensure that Origin is not being blocked: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 11 of 23 (641 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've gone through all of the steps, more than once.  

Message 12 of 23 (634 Views)

Community Manager

It's worth ensuring that you have done every one of these steps @Erstes and no harm doing them again:

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

1. Close the Origin client. 
  2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window.
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 13 of 23 (632 Views)

★ Apprentice

Darko,

I've been working this issue for eight days now.  I've performed ALL of these steps numerous times.  You're just no help to me if you can't think more outside the box of things to try other than pointing me to the steps above.  

Like you said, if this is an Origin bug more people will have the problem as they attempt to install new games with the new client.  We shall see.  

In the meantime, I'll just get a refund on the latest game I purchased. 

Message 14 of 23 (630 Views)

Community Manager

If it was an issue with Origin then we would already be seeing additional reports of this issue @Erstes.

That you appear to be the only person having this issue points to it being something related to your system. I reinstalled two games just there and they worked fine which further rules out the culprit being Origin. 

While you may have performed all those steps @Erstes unless you have stated that then I will not know. 

Can you share your DxDiag so we can take a look at it:https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 15 of 23 (622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got this happening as well i couldn't launch titanfall 2 

Message 16 of 23 (593 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @iiZakYT can you try the steps that I posted above and let me know if they help.

If they fix the issue then great but if not then let me know and we will take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 17 of 23 (584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok ill Try

Message 18 of 23 (574 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I already contacted customer service and they said the problem is affecting 2 million users. I have the chat transcript so it would be helpful if forum advisors knew what was going on internally within the company. The launcher is broken. I'm waiting on a patch announcement.

Message 19 of 23 (565 Views)

Community Manager

I'm sorry if you were misinformed @Crinolina but I am not aware of any issues affecting millions of Origin users. 

I'm assuming the issue you are seeing is related to Online login is currently unavailable?

If so can you take a couple of minutes to try the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 20 of 23 (540 Views)