Re: WARNING - Do Not Buy EA Games as Origin Client is Unreliable/Buggy

by SandyLuna95

Original Post

Accepted Solution

WARNING - Do Not Buy EA Games as Origin Client is Unreliable/Buggy

★ Apprentice

This is a warning to all who might consider buying EA games.   The Origin client is buggy and they apparently push patches/updates that can render ALL of your games unplayable.  DO NOT BUY EA GAMES.  Stick with games you can buy via clients like Steam.  -K

Message 1 of 23 (1,791 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Erstes if you are having an issue then we are happy to help, the more information you provide the better we can do that.

Generally, issues with games not launching or Origin points to an issue with your system. It can be something is interfering with it, an issue with the install or other.

I tested Origin just there and it is working just fine for me, I am able to launch and play my games and use Origin as it should. This would further point to the issue you are experiencing being a system issue rather than an Origin issue. 

Can you let us know what the issue you are seeing is and grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at  your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 23 (1,746 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Erstes if you are having an issue then we are happy to help, the more information you provide the better we can do that.

Generally, issues with games not launching or Origin points to an issue with your system. It can be something is interfering with it, an issue with the install or other.

I tested Origin just there and it is working just fine for me, I am able to launch and play my games and use Origin as it should. This would further point to the issue you are experiencing being a system issue rather than an Origin issue. 

Can you let us know what the issue you are seeing is and grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at  your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 23 (1,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Origin works fine, probably time to install windows fresh as there are issues you may not be able to fix easily

Message 3 of 23 (1,731 Views)

★ Apprentice

The issue isn't running games with the new client that were already installed/validated with an older version of Origin.  I have such games that are working with the new version, too.  The issue is when you try to install/validate a new game with the new client.  That validation process does not work.

Message 4 of 23 (1,682 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So what we can do?

Message 5 of 23 (1,676 Views)

★ Apprentice

It would be nice first to see if someone else can reproduce this problem so that I can determine whether or not it is really an Origin validation bug or something with my system.  So,

1.)  Remove/uninstall a game that is currently working under thew new client

2.)  Download and reinstall the game using the new Origin client

3.)  Try to run/validate the game.

Thanks

Message 6 of 23 (1,664 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Erstes updating Origin should have no effect on your installed games.

Can you try repairing the games that ware no longer working for you?  You can do this by opening your My Game Library and then right-clicking on the game icon and from the options select Repair.

This will then check your installed files and should it find any issues fix them.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 23 (1,652 Views)

★ Apprentice

As I've said now numerous times, I have no problem running exist already-installed games with the new client, that is games that were ALREADY INSTALLED from an older Origin client.

Please see my previous post.  It would be nice if someone would do that test for me so that I can determine whether or not this is an Origin bug or my system.  

Message 8 of 23 (1,646 Views)

Community Manager

If the issue was with Origin then we would be seeing a number of reports of it @Erstes

That we are not would point to an issue with your system. I routinely reinstall games and have never had the issue that you appear to be having.

I'm still not quite sure what the issue you are having is, is it that games you download after the last update don't work? Do you see an error message of any kind? Does the game crash?

The more info you share the better.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 23 (1,641 Views)

★ Apprentice

=====>   I'm still not quite sure what the issue you are having is, is it that games you download after the last update don't work? Do you see an error message of any kind? Does the game crash?

Yes, you got it.  The new client works fine to run games that were already installed.  I can't run new games and get the error message "cannot connect to ea servers to activate game ..."

Message 10 of 23 (1,638 Views)