Video on YouTube violates our rights?

by agrimonys

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Video on YouTube violates our rights?

★★★ Apprentice

Hello dear team on EA-Help,
we users need your help once.

On YouTube a user published a video which contains the ID names of many users and this in a negative context. We see our rights violated here. I am also of the opinion that the terms of use of EA are violated here.
Can you please tell us where we can go? Can EA please address this problem?
First of all according to the terms of use I don't want to mention the name of the user who published the video . I don't want to publish the link here either. Talking to the user herself would only give her the necessary attention to this negative topic. We want to avoid that.
It would be nice if some feedback in this way would come from EA.
Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 5 (472 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Video on YouTube violates our rights?

Community Manager

Hi, we don't really have control over the content posted on Youtube, so please report the issue/flag the video in question directly to them. As you say, naming the player or directly engaging isn't the best move.

If you want to DM me the video link in question we can see if any action is needed from our end.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (431 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi, we don't really have control over the content posted on Youtube, so please report the issue/flag the video in question directly to them. As you say, naming the player or directly engaging isn't the best move.

If you want to DM me the video link in question we can see if any action is needed from our end.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_David Please excuse my late feedback. I had seen that KSsDesign and cbunte had answered here and now the answers are gone. Therefore, I allow myself to write the links of the videos here again. In the meantime, 2 more videos have been published by this user. Unfortunately, she does not mean it seriously or honestly. On other channels she continues to bully on the here in the video published users. Very sad. Thanks for your help.

<Removed by CM>

I don't think it's up to this user to publish EA's terms of use on a public channel, to drag them into the mud in this context and to violate the rights of others. The same applies to the right to data protection. On YouTube we would first have to approach the user herself. Some tried that. A failure, because immediately these users were also mobbed. (to be seen on the profile pages in the game). It's really not a nice thing and I don't think EA can be interested in being mentioned by anyone in a negative context. By the way, how does it look here with the advertisement for EA. Did this user get a license from you?

This is all not very nice and we would be happy if EA FINALLY would do something against such behavior. Many thanks and sorry for my English. I'm German

Regards

Message 3 of 5 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @agrimonys

Thanks for adding that information.Standard smile I've had to remove those links from your post as linking directly to the content and content creator is by extension naming and shaming which in turn breaks the Answers HQ Forum Rules. We can take a look at those links to see if any action is needed from our side if you pop them into a direct message to us as @EA_David mentioned earlier.

For reporting on Youtube, you shouldn't need to reach out to the Youtuber at any stage.🤔 Please follow these steps to report a video on Youtube:

1. Click More and then on the Report option,
  2. Select the reason
  3. Add any additional context to help the youtube team reviewing the report make their decision. 
  4. Submit report.

- Source: "How to flag content

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 5 (273 Views)