Update leads to broken game!

by Kris_Roberts87

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 macOS problems creating households

@Saplanana

Merged your post into this thread on the issue. Please read the opening post on page 1 for more information.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 271 of 1,476 (965 Views)

Update leads to broken game!

★★★ Newbie

I am a Sims fan, a big one. I paid full price online to download The Sims 4, not when there was a discount and not when there was an offer. I PAID FULL PRICE! Each and every time I try to play this game after downloading it through Origin, it is always stating that a new update needs to be processed, which usually has me waiting anywhere between 20 - 40 minutes until I can actually play the game. With each new update, something new goes wrong with the game. At this moment in time, I can't even see the sims or create them because the avatars don't appear onscreen. Now, I prefer the experience as it was originally intended so I don't have any MODS or custom content downloaded. I just want to play the game. Can someone please advise me as to why these constant errors are happening and what I can do to stop this... or I would very much like my money back because I really am just sick of this now. No one has the right to charge customers for games that either cant be played or just glitch with every update. It's really disgusting!

Message 272 of 1,476 (731 Views)

Re: Update leads to broken game!

@Kris_Roberts87  The disappearing sims glitch can usually be solved by repairing the game in Origin, as in, open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If you're getting constant updates, more so than the usual once a month patches, there might be another issue with your install files, or with Origin's cache.  A repair would fix the first; here's how to clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

On a Mac, you could just run the Origin reset tool, which is more thorough:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Just so you know, another update arrived a few minutes ago, so you'd need to patch regardless of anything else going on with your install.  In the future, you can set Origin to update your games automatically, so you don't have to wait for a patch to download and install when you'd rather be playing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 273 of 1,476 (720 Views)

why are my sims skin red

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don't have any game packs at the moment. I just have the basic sims 4 PC game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just by looking at my sims in my game.
What happens when the bug occurs? the skin on the sims are red and white with question marks on them and the eyes are red as well.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sims with normal skin tones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Im very confused as to what caused this. My sims looked normal yesterday but today after updating the game and logged back in all of my sims skins were red and white/silver with question marks all over them. Im not very tech savvy either. 

Message 274 of 1,476 (982 Views)

Umm

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ummm.... HELP

I got the new January 16, 2020 update for the Sims 4 and this is happening everywhere... HELP!!!

Message 275 of 1,476 (952 Views)

Re: why are my sims skin red

★★★★★ Apprentice

update or remove your cc

Message 276 of 1,476 (958 Views)

★★ Novice

Try repairing your game by right clicking on it in Origin and selecting repair. Usually this is a case of missing textures.

Message 277 of 1,476 (946 Views)

★★ Novice

OP doesn't use CC.

Message 278 of 1,476 (1,180 Views)

Re: Umm

Champion

@brook853 

Do you have Mods or CC (or have you ever had them)? If you do please remove them in this process and try the troubleshooting as described below. (If you don't have Mods or CC, just skip the part about removing the Mods folder, but still delete the cache files mentioned and run the repair.) If you ever had Mods or CC in the past then do the steps as if you have them currently (removing the Mods folder), as there could be damage that has remained after you removed them.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Please drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. Also delete any other folders in the 'Sims 4' folder with word cache in the name. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If it was Mods/CC: If this fixes the issue I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 279 of 1,476 (1,165 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Empty CAS/ Question Marks/ Invisible Sims/ Night Sky CAS

@brook853  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 280 of 1,476 (1,145 Views)