Unlinking Banned account front steam

by NutInYourCheerio

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unlinking Banned account front steam

★★★ Novice

Hello. I recently purchased Titanfall 2 for the steam summer sale. I’m unable to play it as a banned account of mine is linked to my Steam account. I have come to terms with the ban, and accept that it isn’t going to be recovered. But I would like my banned account unlinked from my Steam account please. I have attempted 3 times to contact TOS & was denied all 3 times. This is very unfair in my eyes as my Steam account should not be getting punished for my EA account being banned. As I said, I do not expect an overturn on my banned account, but would be very grateful if I could get it unlinked from Steam..

Message 1 of 8 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unlinking Banned account front steam

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @NutInYourCheerio.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (662 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @NutInYourCheerio.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (663 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello. As I have already stated, I have tried this, and they are not helping me whatsoever. I cannot contact the TOS team, so I am stuck in a situation. I am NOT trying to get my account unbanned, I don’t care that it is banned anymore. I JUST WANT somebody to go into my banned account & unlink it from my Steam account that I have spent several hundreds of dollars on, especially considering EA should NOT be effecting my Steam whatsoever.

Message 3 of 8 (655 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NutInYourCheerio our team would not be able to assist you with getting around a ban on your account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (648 Views)

★★★ Novice

You’re joking right ? You have the power to ban me, but can’t unlink my accounts? Nowhere in the TOS does it state that it will affect an outside platform account. This is ridiculous.

Message 5 of 8 (615 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am not asking you to “get around it”. Im asking you to do the simplest thing so that I can use my OTHER account that has no association with EA.

Message 6 of 8 (614 Views)

★★★ Novice

as you can see here, nowhere does it say it will restrict my usage of Steam.

Message 7 of 8 (598 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NutInYourCheerio I'm going to lock this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist with this issue on AHQ.

If your account is banned then our team cannot assist you in getting around it in any way.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (575 Views)