Re: Unlink PSN Account

by chalyboyman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unlink PSN Account

★★★★★ Novice

My PSN account is linked to my former roommate's EA account. We shared a PS3 console and in order for him to play certain games he needed to use my PSN account. However, in doing so, it linked his EA account to my PSN account. We haven't lived together since 2016 and I would like to regain full access to my account so I can play EA games (such as this month's free PS Plus game, Star Wars Battlefront II) online.

I tried getting this problem resolved a few years back with no luck. Him and I both called and emailed but to no avail. How can we resolve this issue?

With many other online services, it's as simple as logging into an account and unlinking. Why is this not the case with EA?

Message 1 of 20 (64,940 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @ricincig to unlink an account you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support.

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 20 (64,781 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@ricincig 

Check out Linking your console accounts to your EA Account.

I think I linked to the wrong EA Account

Don't worry! We have a few options for you.

• If your Gamertag, PSN ID, and/or Switch account are linked to an EA Account you don’t use, you can update that account to get back in the game.
  • If you made a second account with your primary email address, you can move the email to the account with your games.
  • If you’ve got multiple EA Accounts with games on them, one of our advisors may be able to help combine your accounts.

If we move a PSN ID, Gamertag, or Switch Account to another EA Account, that’s called a persona transfer. Persona transfers are risky and can be damaging to one or more of your accounts.

All your EA game progress is linked to your EA Account, not your console account. That means if you do end up deciding to transfer your persona from one account to another, you’ll lose your game progress.

Here’s more information about persona transfers. When you contact us, we can tell you all about them.

You may have to contact EA. Please see I can't log in to my EA Account then get in touch with a Game Advisor on Contact EA.

“If you no longer have access to your email address, we can try to recover your account.

Fill out our webform, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can with more information.”

Other resources:

Talk to us: How to contact EA Help for support

Twitter

Facebook

Additional information:

Temporary changes to support options

Find your EA Account email address using your game or Origin

What to do if you've accidentally made a second EA Account

How to update your EA Account information

PlayStation resources:

EA Access for PlayStation 4 issues and solutions

How to change your Sign-in ID email address

Change the online ID associated with your account on PlayStation Network

Message 2 of 20 (64,883 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @ricincig to unlink an account you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support.

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 20 (64,782 Views)

★ Novice

unlink

Message 4 of 20 (64,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My ea account linked to my ps4 i want to change to nader ps4 account 

Message 5 of 20 (58,842 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, to unlink an account you will need to speak with our live support team using the steps I posted above.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 20 (58,629 Views)

★★ Novice

I just spoke with one of your tech support associate.. who is telling be, once an account is inkined...you cannot Unlike it. So he is advising me to create a new psn Account and a new EA account ???? I am sure PSN will not refund  my purchases once I create a new account....and my games will not transfer. I need a resolution.. please!!! 

Message 7 of 20 (56,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just tried unlinking a PSN ID also and they told me it's not possible. The PSN ID that is linked to my EA account is banned and I had to create a new one. The problem is all the in game content I purchase goes to my old PSN ID instead of the new one that I play under. Smh this is a complete disaster and all the answers online say to contact customer support which they can't do anything with it.

Message 8 of 20 (56,413 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a similiar problem it is linked to an account i made on my ps3. I now have a ps5 and want my new psn to be linked to my ea account but when i spoke to the chat advisor they cannot do anything. It cannot be that hard for a company so large to create a button to unlink the account.

Message 9 of 20 (56,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I can't fathom why they are treating ppl like this. It seems like such a simple thing. I have been an EA fanboy for a looong time, and i never understood why smh towards them until now. There "Advisors" are cold heartless people, if they are ppl at all. I really do wonder. They all say the same thing over and over again. I have tried 4 times to get my account back through them. I have found 2 last ditch efforts to try to figure out what my dumb young self put for and email and info almost 15 years ago. This is the 3rd console gen and this is the 1st time i came across this. They say its for my safety. From what; i dont buy games thru origin so, what are they saving me from? I really dont get it at all. If i knew this stuff was so important i would have tattooed it on my 15yr old body. They have no leeway. One day someone will sue them over this. Class action.
Message 10 of 20 (54,817 Views)