Unlink EA Account from PSN Account

by mellamomattchu13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unlink EA Account from PSN Account

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I found a few other posts on this subject but no resolutions. I just wanted to bring up this issue to EA again and any others who may have run into it. 

I'm trying to play It Takes Two online, but this applies to any EA game being played online. I made an EA account many years ago using an old email address that has since been deactivated due to inactivity and cannot be reactivated. I rarely play EA games online so I usually don't care about not signing into my EA account. However, now that I want to, I realize my PSN is linked to this EA account under an old deactivated email address.

The message I get when trying to play online is "Please reset your password. Your login credentials might have expired. Good news: all you need to do is reset your password at www.ea.com. if you need additional help, please visit help.ea.com"

Bad News: if you don't have access to whatever email you used when you originally made that EA Account linked to your PSN, you have slim to no chance of being able to unlink/update it. The support people tried to send a verification code to this email address I don't have access to or asked for exact purchase dates of games linked to my EA account or the IP address that is on file when those EA games were linked. If you've moved or changed ISPs, tough luck.

I, as mentioned, don't play many EA games online, so I have no clue what games are linked or not. I've listed off several EA games to them that I've downloaded, they just said no. Try opening another chat. 

This is an absolutely ridiculous oversight from EA. You can't contact Playstation to unlink that EA account from your PSN either. It has to be done from EA's end. So in my case and anyone else without access to the email they used whenever they first played an EA, you can't ever play any EA game online ever again under that PSN. 

I'm sure the EA guys will come in and say to contact their support people if they respond at all, but I've tried that multiple times already. They just say no. Let this serve as a warning to anyone purchasing an EA game to play online. If you aren't absolutely certain on your EA account credentials, there's a solid chance you will not be able to play online. 

Take care everyone,

Message 1 of 2 (602 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unlink EA Account from PSN Account

Community Manager

Sorry to say @mellamomattchu13 but if our live support team has advised you that they cannot assist then there is nothing more that we can do to assist with issues such as this on AHQ.

The best thing I can recommend is to gather as much additional information as possible and speak with our live support team again.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (574 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unlink EA Account from PSN Account

Community Manager

Sorry to say @mellamomattchu13 but if our live support team has advised you that they cannot assist then there is nothing more that we can do to assist with issues such as this on AHQ.

The best thing I can recommend is to gather as much additional information as possible and speak with our live support team again.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (575 Views)