Unauthorized Refund/Pack missing

by tameimpasta

Original Post

Re: Unauthorized Refund/Pack missing

@Tykell30  No, under normal circumstances, a Metal-capable Mac will run the standard version of Sims 4 even if you install the Legacy Edition.  There is a way to trick the computer into running the LE anyway, but that involves deleting part of the game files, and it's not something you'd do by accident.  Besides, a repair would fix it.

You may want to prevent Origin from installing the LE though, just to save the extra disk space.  When you initially install the game on your new computer, you'll be asked what packs you want to install as well.  Uncheck the box for the LE, and then make sure Origin doesn't start downloading it anyway after you launch the game once.  You can hit cmd-tab to switch from the game to Origin and back again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 261 of 265 (1,321 Views)

Re: Unwanted Refund

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happened to me at the same time with Get Together. I was so upset!

Message 262 of 265 (1,288 Views)

Re: My game was randomly refunded

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mai Three months isn't a reasonable amount of time to be "looking into what happened", a whole season has gone by, there must be something you've found, right? Was this reply customer service or damage control?
Message 263 of 265 (963 Views)

Re: My game was randomly refunded

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai Yeah, this lack of response and any sort of response is ridiculous. I've just gone through EA Help again, and gotten.. we still don't know what happened. I'd honestly like them to state this happened, and do something for their customers that their system messed things up for. The bare minimum would be at least publicly saying this happened, who knows how many people didn't even notice, or assumed they hadn't bought a pack and just re-bought it with out reviewing their purchase history.

The longer it takes for some sort of comment, the worse this looks.

Message 264 of 265 (914 Views)

Re: Unauthorized Refund/Pack missing

★★★ Newbie
@tameimpasta I have this problem too! 3 days ago I bought discover university and it had been refunded without me doing anything and I contacted them and they sad they will fix it but like its just stupid!
Message 265 of 265 (429 Views)