Unauthorized Refund/Pack missing

by tameimpasta

Original Post

Re: Scam or Glitch? Money taken for packs I bought but were "refunded"

★ Novice
Me too. Can anyone tell me how do I go about fixing this?
Message 91 of 265 (1,695 Views)

Re: Unauthorized Refund/Pack missing

★ Apprentice

@SocialRiot21 I am wondering the same. Should we contact customer support? I haven't done it yet, because I've seen that many people have done it already, and I don't know if contacting them about a problem that they are already aware of will help at all. Do you think I should do it anyway? 

Message 92 of 265 (1,684 Views)

★ Novice
@RosieHunterWolf No, that won't help. I think we just gotta wait till this gets fixed. I'm just gonna keep checking back here.
Message 93 of 265 (1,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@RosieHunterWolf I don’t think it’ll necessarily help them but if it gives you peace of mind, I’d contact them; that way it’s on record.  I’m assuming once they figure out what’s going on there should be some kind of trail but you never know. If they don’t contact everyone, then we’ll have to contact them with our own “refund/order” numbers. 

Message 94 of 265 (1,657 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SocialRiot21 They merged a bunch of topics together that have the same issue to keep track so they better get a hold of us all. we are on one group now and they have all of our inputs and comments and stories. I would imagine as long as you at least tell them about it here they will get back to you. I am sure hoping so because this is a huge mess that none of us asked for. And I imagine if they don't make this right they will lose A LOT of their customers. I heard it happened with a couple other EA games as well.
Message 95 of 265 (1,644 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@OutdoorsBrat It’s just a really bizarre thing to happen. I felt very uncomfortable keeping my bank account/card on my account after this. It doesn’t feel very safe. And it’s upsetting. I can wait to play the sims 4, but I hope they do more than just figure it out and say, “Sorry, please just purchase again,” because this is a serious issue.
Message 96 of 265 (1,635 Views)

★ Novice

I've had the same issue, I bought Get Together and Island Living, the last two packs I needed to complete my pack collection. They were refunded to me after I got them for half off, not to mention that my favorite family in windenburg. They're entirely missing. I haven't played since that happened, it is incredibly upsetting. 

Message 97 of 265 (1,628 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue too. I got Vampires, Strangerville, Tiny Living, and Moschino. It's really annoying because I've been building for the worlds so now if I play and I save I won't be able to get any of the work I put into those worlds back. I could only afford them because there was a sale. If they're saying they can't help us, then I essentially can't play until the next sale comes around. At least I always have Animal Crossing, I guess.

Message 98 of 265 (1,609 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SocialRiot21 Oh hey! I am in the exact boat as everyone here and am livid as well. I am just hoping they will get back to us here like they said they would
Message 99 of 265 (1,586 Views)

Re: My game was randomly refunded

★★★★ Novice

I never requested a refund either, do you want me to send you the order number on the refund notice? I understand you're aware of the glitch but there has to be a way for you at least give us a coupon code to repurchase our packs. I don't think anyone's bank is going to let you reverse the refund but I'm not paying full price for the packs I bought during the sale.

Message 100 of 265 (1,545 Views)