Re: Unauthorized Refund/Pack missing

by LeeFrancisEllis

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I was able to straighten out with EA, there was just a big delay in the time between when I bought one pack and when my bank account was charged. It just happened to hit the day before they deactivated my pack, which was nearly two weeks after I’d purchased them. The packs are 50% off again. Has anyone tried re buying the one they lost? I have a DM in to EA Help asking if it’ll mess anything up if we try purchasing them again. It’s been over two weeks and I’m sick of missing an entire world and not being able to play my saved files in a game I have spent hundreds of dollars on. 

Message 211 of 265 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just repurchased the pack I lost so I am hoping this doesn't screw things up. It's really quite trash that this has been going on for over 2 weeks and we haven't really gotten any real resolution or re-assurance it won't occur again.

Message 212 of 265 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, I went ahead and repurchased my packs since I'm pretty much paying $20 less this time around. Still very annoyed that they never got back to us.

Message 213 of 265 (1,088 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did it install for you okay? They never answered my DM or tweet from about six hours ago. I sent them another about 30 minutes ago, but if they don’t get back in the next hour or so I’m just going to buy it again. I understand we’re in unusual times but the lack of at least communication has been abysmal. I backed my saves up yesterday so if they mess with anything at least I can restore my game to its current point.

Message 214 of 265 (1,047 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, their entire customer service strategy on this whole thing is “we don’t know what to tell you.” I’ve been a loyal customer for over 15 years, I’m really disappointed in how this has been handled. 

Message 215 of 265 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Novice
@missliss35 It downloaded fine for me and seems to be working well. It’s worth a shot.
Message 216 of 265 (1,039 Views)

★★★★ Novice

They all seem to be on an automated response. They all said this is a known issue and they are working on it. Interesting enough I found a post about this issue from 2016. Nothing ever came from it. It’s been disappointing as I have waited over 2 weeks and they haven’t given me an update. I hope everyone was able to re-download their game at a discount. Please post if this happens again! 

Message 217 of 265 (1,026 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I think I’m just going to go for it. I run my computer and TVs off of my phone’s hot spot and while I get 70gb a month of high speed, it does tend to run out at the end of the month. By the time they get around to telling us anything, this game will take literally 12 hours to re download. Good luck to you, hope it stays working 

Message 218 of 265 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yep, same here. I got fed up with the lack of response, and the fact they are on sale for less now... I gave up for the moment and bought the packs. I know a few people earlier in the thread had been offered a refund to make up the difference to buy the product earlier. So I hope this won't mess with this issue.

I wish they had actually tried to solve this issue, instead of ignoring it which is how it's coming across.

Message 219 of 265 (935 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That’s exactly how I feel too. I had bought the pack 50% off, the only reason I didn’t re-buy it right away is because it wasn’t on sale any longer and I wasn’t about to pay double for something that wasn’t my fault. If this works, they could have just given us game codes for 50% off days ago. They gave me one for 15% (which I used on eco living) the second time I contacted them. They finally got back to me on Twitter almost 12 hours later. I told them I got sick of their pat responses and waiting, that I re purchased it and would let them know if I have any more trouble. 
It didn’t even have to download again, I just needed a paid for activation.

I did back up my saves just in case prior to buying it again and until I feel more comfortable they won’t break my game again, instead of playing in my original saves, I made a copy and am playing in the copy. I’m still pretty unhappy with how this was handled. It feels like since it only happened to maybe a couple hundred people there was just no urgency to actually resolve the issue for us.

Message 220 of 265 (888 Views)