Re: Unauthorized Refund/Pack missing

by missliss35

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

The only place I've been able to talk to a customer service rep is at twitter.  Just send EA a tweet and someone should get back to you.

@TripiTay wrote:

who did you talk to? email? chats? can you give me a link or something I have the EXACT same issue

Message 201 of 265 (1,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

well maybe we can get polygon to make a article on this

https://www.polygon.com/contact

Hopefully we can pressure EA to fix this problem quickly.

Message 202 of 265 (1,692 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey, did anyone get their game back yet

Message 203 of 265 (1,446 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't received my packs back. I had disputed the charge with my bank so I have my money back, but I'm not sure if other people still have charges on their account.

Message 204 of 265 (1,418 Views)

★ Novice

My account got charged again for the content that was "refunded", like many other people's. I've gotten my money back from that second charge, but not the money from my actual purchase, nor have I gotten my game content back. 

Message 205 of 265 (1,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I’m honestly getting annoyed, I don’t think I’m going to play sims ever again. I’m just done with EA.

Message 206 of 265 (1,344 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This thread made me double check my account. They charged me the sales price for Get Together twice, but only refunded me once. I am currently in my 3rd conversation with them, this time via Twitter DM. I sent them screenshots of my bank account showing one refund and two charges. I’d rather them just reactivate my pack but they are most certainly not keeping my money for something I can’t use. I’m extremely frustrated, two weeks already and it’s just kind of “oh well, keep waiting to play the game you paid for.”

Message 207 of 265 (1,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was going to play Sims 4 today after not playing for a couple of months and found that the deluxe version was not installed which was only 7 or 8 dollars when I bought it as an upgrade to the base game (some promo I guess). I also had a bunch of stuff packs and game expansions I bought when they were on sale for 25%-50% off, those are all gone too. It doesn't show up in my order history in my account. I haven't checked my bank statements yet but one thing I did find was that the folders that contained all the info for the packs and expansions are still on my disk drive. So I DEFINITELY have a record of purchasing them. 

Message 208 of 265 (1,180 Views)

★★ Novice

Definitely call your bank. I did so and was refunded immediately as your bank will file a duplicate charge claim and refund you the duplicate charge while they send in a claim with EA that would require them to pay your bank back the funds they just issued to you. I use Wells Fargo and it was a quick and painless process. That will relieve the stress of a financial burden, however it won’t change the fact that the games are missing. I’m in this situation too and I’m hating how it corrupted my games, but at least I was able to get my money back, I guess :/. (Even though EA still needs to refund us all for the original purchase we made for the games when we first bought them since we won’t be getting a refund anytime soon.)

Message 209 of 265 (1,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@ortia22 
Your issue could be another one that has been listed with E.A. where someone hacks your account, taking your original content and moving it to a new account by changing your email address. So when you 'signed' back in you actually ended up rejoining with a new account. I believe it's listed under a few different threads in these forums.

As to the unrequested refunds, nothing from EA on this front either.

Message 210 of 265 (1,085 Views)