Re: My game was randomly refunded

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: Unwanted Refund

★★★★★ Novice
@IStephyLopezI The same has happened to me. I bought two game packs for the Sims 4 and both were refunded without requesting.
Message 41 of 265 (2,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@rafibendahan99 Yeah they told me the same, I guess all we can do at this point is wait and hope this gets resolved...

Message 42 of 265 (2,313 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It happened to me today too!!!!!!!! EA literally just scammed me. I bought BF4 for $19.99 now it's $39.99 and my game deleted. I DID NOT requested a refund. 

Message 43 of 265 (2,313 Views)

Re: Scam or Glitch? Money taken for packs I bought but were "refunded"

Champion

@024TatorThot420, no it isn't a scam, but a mistake/glitch that is happening.  It wasn't on purpose, but I can see how frustrating this would be! ShockedDisappointedDevil  I found this thread that might be related: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Missing-expansion-pack/m-p/9264703#M32494
In that thread there is a link to contact EA about this! Standard smile  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 44 of 265 (2,317 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA app Team
Marking as solution for visibility purposes only - This is not a solution

Thanks a lot for your reports! Some of you already heard from our advisors, but to confirm: we are aware of this and looking into what happened with your games and why you received a refund that you didn't ask for. Please know that we are also aware many of you purchased the games/DLCs during sales and that makes the situation more frustrating for you as you can't purchase them again for the same price you originally got them for during sales.

This is under investigation, once we have more information to share we will let you know here.

Thanks again,

-Mai

PS. Merged a few comments & threads into this one so we can all share information in a single place.

Message 45 of 265 (13,271 Views)

refund

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi all

I'm not sure what else I can do to solve it. At this point I'm disappointed, angry, upset and very unhappy. 

On 15/06 I've purchased Sims 4 University extension pack payment went through ok game was uploaded to my origin and merged with my sims 4 - all OK.

On 25/06 I've received a notification from my bank that origin tried to take money for this expansion pack AGAIN! As soon as dodgy transaction not made by me was detected I've contacted my bank to cancel my card. Yesterday (26/06) I have received an email from Origin to confirm " REFUND" which I haven't got a clue why was issued and request by who. Since yesterday 4 pm I'm hanging on the Chat and waiting for the  "agent who is on it's way". All I want is some kind of explanation what actually happened and why!?! 

Speaking of my Sims 4 - expansion pack University was deleted ( without explanation) and messed up my game.

Thanks EA GAMES I won't buy any games from you ever again and I will share this story with all my friends to make sure they won't go though same drama.

Message 46 of 265 (2,209 Views)

Re: Gifted a game to friend then got a refund

Community Manager

Hey @fungamer2 the best thing to do is to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 47 of 265 (2,193 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Needle2792 If they dont resolve this I will never purchase anything from EA again. I'm already paying for overpriced DLC, then it gets taken away? I was told that when (or should I say if) they get this resolved that EA will provide compensation for the trouble, they best be giving methe new Eco lifestyle pack because this seriously ruined my entire weekend, and will continue to ruin everyday until the problem is fixed.
Message 48 of 265 (2,287 Views)

disappearing sims 4 expansion and bank charge

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey, all, I was informed by the service rep I chatted with that this is a known issue, so I guess I'm here to...commiserate? Basically, I bought a Sims 4 bundle, all three packs vanished from the game. When I checked the Origin purchase history, it said there was a refund, which I did NOT ask for, so I checked my bank account and saw, rather than a refund, that EA had CHARGED me for the pack again. TL;DR, Origin vaporized my content, said it was refunding me, and instead of refunding, double-charged me. Teeth bared

As proof of my tall tale, I've attached some lovely contrastive screenshots of my Origin purchase history, complete with the phantom refund request, and my bank account stuff, in which you can see not a refund, but another charge. 

Tell me I am not alone in my suffering? Ugh. 

Message 49 of 265 (2,295 Views)

Re: Expansion Pack Auto Refunded?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kensie2 We can't really help you with this here. You need to contact a game advisor so they can check what happened.

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 265 (2,189 Views)