My game just refunded even though I never requested a refund

by xxKic

Original Post

Re: DLC Automatically Refunded

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue with Titanfall 2. I woke up this morning to an email saying it had been refunded. Bank account hasn't been refunded yet and I reached out to the chat and was told it was a known issue, but was given no details on how it would be resolved and how I would be notified or followed up with.

It was on sale when I bought it so buying it again is not at all desirable: extra expense with the chance of it it just disappearing from my library again.

Message 11 of 265 (1,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is apparently an ongoing issue - there's another thread on this forum about an unauthorized refund, and there are several people on reddit reporting that they are having this issue.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/hgcedd/keep_an_eye_out_for_random_refunds_being_issued/

https://old.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/hgaipp/recieved_a_refund_i_didnt_ask_for_and_lost_my_game/

I myself had this issue, as well. My entire Sims 4 game was "refunded". The game was completely removed from my library, but no money was refunded to my bank account.

Strangely, it looks like a lot of people are reporting that they purchased their items around the same time (mid-June, 14th-15th or so). Not sure if that's in any way relevant, but quite a few people seem to be having a problem with unrequested refunds being placed on their accounts.

Message 12 of 265 (1,905 Views)

Re: Unauthorized Refund/Pack missing

★★★★★ Newbie
@manx_enthusiast This happened to me as well and customer service was useless. Are you able to play The Sims currently? I get an error message now whenever I try to.
Message 13 of 265 (2,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@ahafhaf wrote:
@manx_enthusiastThis happened to me as well and customer service was useless. Are you able to play The Sims currently? I get an error message now whenever I try to.

I am currently unable to play The Sims 4 - it has been completely removed from my games library. I have the option to repurchase it, but am going to wait and see what develops with this, as the original charge for my purchase is still listed on my bank statement, and I don't want to pay again for something I already purchased.

Customer service just told me to sit tight and keep an eye on social media for posts or updates about this issue, so I guess that's all I can do for now.

Message 14 of 265 (2,066 Views)

My game just refunded even though I never requested a refund

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Woke up to an email confirming that my order to refund Sims 4 Digital Deluxe had gone through even though I never requested for a refund, then I check my card and at the exact time the game was refunded I got charged for the game. The game is just gone from my account and I bought it on sale for $6.24 but now the sale is over so I can't just re-purchase the game.

Message 15 of 265 (1,919 Views)

Unwanted Refund

★★★ Novice

I purchased "The Sims 4 Island Living" on June 15th while it was on sale and this morning I received an email saying my purchase was refunded and now it has been uninstalled from my game. I never asked for a refund and can't find anyone to get into contact with about this. The pack is no longer on sale so I can't just purchase it again. Can someone please help me or let me know if you've had a similar problem

Message 16 of 265 (2,054 Views)

Re: My game was randomly refunded

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me today. The woman Kapeli, I have the transcript still too, said the same thing about buying the games I bought again. It is unfortunate that it happened. I just ended the chat because she was not helping. She said the system never done this kind of issue before, seeing this now, it is a running problem. I am going to buy my games through different platforms and possibly just sticking with Steam after this fiasco. 

It is frustrating because I got one of the games during the sale too for half. I am not sure they are trying to get a full price or not for your purchase. I changed my password, though I doubt it was a hack that happened.

Message 17 of 265 (1,981 Views)

Re: Unwanted Refund

★★★ Novice
@IStephyLopezI Had the same issue as well, I was confused and annoyed. It seems a few of us had that issue.
Message 18 of 265 (1,906 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. My new sims 4 expansion pack got refunded like a couple of weeks after i downloaded it and had been playing it. Never requested a refund and it got refunded. 

Message 19 of 265 (1,892 Views)

[ Edited ]

@carathebigfatpig and @xGranade  If you load a save that has been exposed to a certain pack without that pack present, it could corrupt the save, that is if it even loads in the first place.  So if you want to play while you're missing packs, it would be best to start a new save; you can go back to the old one(s) when the issue is resolved.

I have no idea why this happened, but hopefully someone will clarify soon enough.

Edit:  @Needle2792  I've merged your post into this thread, where a number of other people are reporting the same issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 265 (2,035 Views)