Re: Unauthorized Refund/Pack missing

by carathebigfatpig

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unauthorized Refund/Pack missing

★★★ Newbie

One of my Sims 4 packs was refunded without my authorization. I contacted support and they said there was nothing they could do about reversing my refund and giving me my pack back. The issue is, I bought this pack (Cats and Dogs) while it was on sale, and it is now full price again. I am not going to pay double the price for a game that should have never been removed from my account without my permission. What do I do about this? 

Message 1 of 265 (11,487 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My game was randomly refunded

[ Edited ]
EA app Team
Marking as solution for visibility purposes only - This is not a solution

Thanks a lot for your reports! Some of you already heard from our advisors, but to confirm: we are aware of this and looking into what happened with your games and why you received a refund that you didn't ask for. Please know that we are also aware many of you purchased the games/DLCs during sales and that makes the situation more frustrating for you as you can't purchase them again for the same price you originally got them for during sales.

This is under investigation, once we have more information to share we will let you know here.

Thanks again,

-Mai

PS. Merged a few comments & threads into this one so we can all share information in a single place.

View in thread

Message 45 of 265 (13,268 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I also received an unrequested refund this morning, for The Sims 4 base game. The game has been removed from my library. It was confirmed through a customer service representative that I had not initiated the refund.

The original charge from when I bought the game ~10 days ago is no longer listed on my bank charges, so I'm assuming a refund was actually issued. However, I was charged for the amount of the game price this morning, even though the game is still not available in my library.

I opened a few customer service chats in regards to this issue, and am currently being told that:

1. It is not an isolated incident - multiple people have reported they received an unrequested refund.
2. It is currently being investigated and I should keep an eye on twitter, and contact customer support again in a few days in order to see if any more information is available in regards to this issue.

According to the reps I've spoken with, the refund request was not a result of any sort of account compromise, because the request itself was not sent from my account, it was just automatically applied. I'm hoping more information about this issue will be available soon, and that a resolution can be reached.

Message 2 of 265 (11,377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had bought three packs on June 15, 2020 while there were sales. They were refunded this morning, if I don’t get my packs back at the same price. I will not be buying those three packs again. 

Message 3 of 265 (11,313 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had the same issue with Mass Effect 2 and the DLC for it just today. Though I bought those a while ago (month I think?) when it was on sale. I refuse to buy it back full price for a refund I didn't authorize.

Message 4 of 265 (11,285 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@lolcats07 wrote:

I have had the same issue with Mass Effect 2 and the DLC for it just today. Though I bought those a while ago (month I think?) when it was on sale. I refuse to buy it back full price for a refund I didn't authorize.

I'm hoping, if they do require us to repurchase it in order to reverse the unrequested refunds, that they're not going to require us to repurchase at the full price instead of the sale price. 

Message 5 of 265 (11,265 Views)

Unwanted Refund

★★ Novice

I bought a few packs during the recent sale and I was enjoying the packs but this morning I woke up too an email about a refund that I asked. I never requested a refund because I was enjoying the product and it was on sale and I wanted to know if there was anything that can be done about this?

Message 6 of 265 (11,089 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem (was issued a refund for the Get To Work pack, which i bought at 50% off) and have been told the same thing.

i don't mind waiting to have the issue resolved, but i want to keep playing sims in the meantime!! does anyone know if it would mess with my progress if i play for a bit without the pack installed? i have a sim who's at a high level in the Detective career and i want to make sure she doesn't have to start all over, lol

Message 7 of 265 (11,246 Views)

★ Apprentice
@carathebigfatpig I’m in the same boat! They refunded City Living and my Sim lives in San Myshuno... I’m scared to mess with it, so I guess that means no Sims 4 for a few days. Frown
Message 8 of 265 (11,217 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Get famous was one the packs that got refunded and my sim is an actor so I’m not going to play for a bit either.

Message 9 of 265 (11,209 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m having the same problem. They refunded City Living without my authorization Weirder still, instead of actually receiving a refund my bank account was charged a second time. I keep most of my money in Savings, so I woke up to only 71cents in my account! Like dang, they almost caused an overdraft.

I’ve been to Support, but they haven’t helped at all. Now I’m missing $20, my pack, and have no idea what to do. She told me to contact my bank, how will that help? They’ll just tell me to contact the company that charged me.

There’s no way I’m gonna pay double the price to get a pack I already purchased. I hope they address this. All my Sims live in San Myshuno, so I’m in a real pickle. Frown

Message 10 of 265 (11,198 Views)