Unable to verify my creditcard, unable to purchase

by gratzner_swe

Original Post

Re: Unable to verify my creditcard, unable to purchase

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ok guys i was having same problem but i have solution gut visit [Unauthorized retailer - Removed] and buy game they have all games with digital delux packs plus having lots of options of payments and is key is aplicable to origin

Edit (via EA_Nils): Please do not purchase games from unauthorized retailers, you can find authorized retailers to buy our games from in this article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Message 31 of 117 (3,565 Views)

★★ Novice

I keep getting the same problem too. 

Why does this kind of thing happen, considering theres not many other alternatives to purchase the game online? 

Message 32 of 117 (3,373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same here. Been trying to buy Trespasser for two days now, still won't work.

The card I use used to work perfectly though. But I'm not surprised, to be honest. Just frustrated.

EDIT: Found this topic and sat1's answer helped :

"Been having the same issue...then someone suggested going on to the main Origin website here https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/ 

Just log in...search for Trespasser and but it directly through their site....then open your Origin and it should be there to download. If your Origin is already open when you purchase the DLC...close it down and reopen and it will be there for download. 

This worked for me...hope it helps anyone else having this problem

EA ...you need to get this sort of * fixed...not cool when so many people have been waiting for this DLC :/"

Completely closing Origin then ordering on their website seemed to work for me. Good luck everyone!

Message 33 of 117 (3,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Random question for everyone in this forum: Obviously the issue started in 2015, now did the issue start the same month (ish) that your credit card's expiration month is? (regardless of year). My issue started the same month my credit card expires but 2 years early and I'm wondering if something in their computer systems isn't registering the year on the expiration but just the month. It would explain the problems and should be an easy enough fix for them... Just a thought I had since my first issue occurred 10 months after most of yours...

Message 34 of 117 (3,281 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same message pop up when trying to purchase Battlefront.  I found that my bank (small credit union) does not allow international transactions so the bank denied the payment upon authorization.  The work around the bank teller I spoke with over the phone suggested that I load money from my checking account into my PayPal, then purchase the game using said PayPal account.

Not sure if this helps anyone resolve their issue, but this may give you some clarity as to why this happened.

Message 35 of 117 (3,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem too, but I was on a VPN service. When I disconnected, it suddenly worked. I suspect their system logs the IP of incoming requests and automatically rejects ips known to be shared, such as those from VPNs.

Message 36 of 117 (3,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same problem and I find it incredible. I'm going to try to close my account.

Message 37 of 117 (3,106 Views)

★ Novice

Just put the dashes in folks. It recognizes the card type without them, but won't verify unless you put them in. Tried 5 times with my Amex till I thought to put the dashes in, and it worked.

Message 38 of 117 (3,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me but it may or may not work for you but, when putting in my info I put in my old zip code from my previous address into the card info. That may have caused this issue for me, but when I put in my changed zip it suddenly worked so maybe that must be the reason? Couldn't verify because it thought it was a fake card due to the old zip?

Message 39 of 117 (2,964 Views)

★ Novice

That Doesn't helps. It just gives nothing. You want us to pay for your games and you are not allowing us to pay. What could we do. I think there is some problem in origin, so is there any other way to buy these games or can you fix it.

I am really very disappointed from your service, I never hoped that your service is that bad. 

Message 40 of 117 (2,967 Views)