Unable to verify my creditcard, unable to purchase

by gratzner_swe

Original Post

Re: Unable to verify my creditcard, unable to purchase

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Unfortunatly Onionman, what I wish to aquire from origin is not available on Steam. EA seem to have a strange business model, being I want to give them money for stuff and they don't want my money. So I wonder if they would be so kind as to let me get the stuff I am after being as they seemingly don't want money for it. 

Message 11 of 117 (12,128 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. They keep deducting $1 on every failed purchase attempt so in total I have lost 11 days and $10 and I still haven't get FIFA 15!!! How Awesome is it? Thank you Origin

Message 12 of 117 (12,118 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here. Have been unable to buy anything from Origin for over a month now. Tried multiple cards, nothing works. It doesn't even try to process my card, unable to verify comes up immediately every time like their servers are down or something. So stupid >.<

Message 13 of 117 (12,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thx gratzner for bringing this up, I'm having exactly the same problem.

Message 14 of 117 (12,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have been hacked! They put a hold on peoples accounts that have suspicious activity.  You may never recive an email telling you of this lovely hacking which causes agravation. What you have to do is chose the option to have THEM CALL YOU! Live chat will get you no where.  You also need to to chose this option during business hours to get a call ASAP. Once you are on the phone with a real person they will help you sort it all out. They were really friendly and very helpful. I am happy that they are looking out for my well being but a friendly email stating that there was suspicious activity would have saved me some agravation. Hope this helps all of you who are frustrated.

Message 15 of 117 (12,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant do anything either, and mine is Visa

Message 16 of 117 (11,856 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having the same problem. Started happening after I tried to use my card to make a purchase and got error 58000. Thought there was something up with their system (CC company said the card was fine...no attempts were even made). Deleted my saved CC info and tried to add it again. Got this error.

Contacted EA support on the 17th. Was told they had to "escalate" it up to the "studio team" and that they would resolve it quickly.

It's the end of day the 19th and they still haven't heard anything yet. At this point, I'm thinking maybe I should just not bother, go to Amazon, buy the download which is just going to give me a key to redeem anyway on Origin and cut 50% off of EA's profit. 

Unless it's a basic problem, EA's support hits the bit red "escalation" button and you never hear from them again. I have the same issue with an outstanding (weeks outstanding) SimCity ticket but now that they basically fired everyone at Emeryville I'm thinking it may never get resolved...

Message 17 of 117 (11,763 Views)

★★ Novice

1)Register another origin account

2)PayPal email and origin email must match

3)All PayPal and Origin account info must match

4)Buy a game

5)Call Origin to move game to ur main account

Message 18 of 117 (11,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Amazing that this thread started several months ago and I am having the same problem. Just installed the Origin application on my PC. It won't let me purchase any games. Tried with 3 cards. They must be trying to sink the company. Well, they just lost my business. And no, I'm not going to go through the complaint process as this has been an ongoing issue with many people over many months. Origins, 'You really suck'

Message 19 of 117 (11,708 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here they still haven't fixed it. Ive been on live chat hold for 29 minutes whereas they said 5.

Message 20 of 117 (11,465 Views)