Unable to start: Initialization error at startup

★ Guide

Can't run The Sims 4

I get this error message after repairing the game via Origin

Unable to start:

Initialization error at startup 

[135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

I use an HP Windows 10 PC

Origin is using 99.0% of my CPU while, for the second time today, repairs my game

It all started today, I've cleared Origin's cache and restarted my computer. I've been playing since 2017 and this is the first time I get a launching error

Can't dare to take DxDiag right now, Origin is hardly letting me write this, let alone open anything else.

Help please

Message 1 of 11 (1,380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to start: Initialization error at startup

★ Guide

Hi @EA_Darko 

Yes I did, but not as I planned to

I was going to, but it wasn't necessary

Long story short, Origin wouldn't stop repairing my game so I unqueued every pack and expansion so it would only repair the main game, which it did in 5 seconds

I was going to reinstall Origin, but I had the feeling if I started the game it would work.

And it did, it worked, I'm playing right now, I've been playing since, so sorry for not replying to you, I didn't get any notification.

Thanks a million for your help!

The only question is if Origin will behave the same next time I repair my game. I better not find out soon.

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (1,291 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @paolaelectra can you try changing your language in Origin and then try launching/repairing the game again to see if you see the same issue?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,359 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @EA_Darko thanks a lot for your answer! 

Guess what? I obviously read the whole forum searching for something that might help me and yes I found threads about language, so I checked mine and it was in English, so I set it to Spanish (the game itself is in Spanish), Idk why it was set in English.

Anyway, this made me think everything would be fine but no.

Origin hasn't stopped "repairing" my game, it's been more than 24 hours and it just finishes, when it does 'cause it has crashed my computer three times, and starts all over again. What did I do?

Also, I might have dropped this at The Sims 4 forum, but the first 9 downloads go as they should (super fast) but at the 10th one, it starts to take up to 30 minutes to "repair" the biggest packs and up to 10 minutes for the smaller ones, time increases with every download.

Seriously, it's been 24 hours and I cannot play 'cause Origin won't let me.

So I'm gonna do one thing: I'm gonna set it to English (or German or Italian) if it let's me, 'cause every time I open Origin "repairing" starts.

Wish me luck =(

And thanks a lot!

Message 3 of 11 (1,347 Views)

Community Manager

Let me know how you get on @paolaelectra.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 11 (1,345 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @paolaelectra did you get this sorted?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 11 (1,302 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @EA_Darko 

Yes I did, but not as I planned to

I was going to, but it wasn't necessary

Long story short, Origin wouldn't stop repairing my game so I unqueued every pack and expansion so it would only repair the main game, which it did in 5 seconds

I was going to reinstall Origin, but I had the feeling if I started the game it would work.

And it did, it worked, I'm playing right now, I've been playing since, so sorry for not replying to you, I didn't get any notification.

Thanks a million for your help!

The only question is if Origin will behave the same next time I repair my game. I better not find out soon.

Message 6 of 11 (1,292 Views)

Community Manager

That's great to hear @paolaelectra.

If it does happen again let me know and we'll look into it again. 

Have a great weekend and enjoy your games. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 11 (1,286 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks a lot, @EA_Darko !

Will post again if it happens again

Thanks again! 

Message 8 of 11 (1,265 Views)

Community Manager

Hopefully, it is sorted now @paolaelectra.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 11 (1,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello: Similar to @paolaelectra , I recently downloaded Origin and purchased Sims 4 for my daughter. We have been getting the same error message as @paolaelectra. I have gone so far as to unisntall / reinstall Origin, but that didn't solve the problem. I just changed the language too, but that also didn't correct the issue. Please help or how do I get a refund?

Thanks,

Message 10 of 11 (896 Views)