Re: Unable to register to Origin or buy a game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to register to Origin or buy a game

★★★ Newbie

HI all.

Im new to EA and Origin and I wanted to purchase Sims4 but it says  "Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

So I clicked the register button but it says the same thing.

Then I followed the Contact Us procedure but I still cant reach anyone to discuss this issue.......

Id appreciate suggestions on what to do and how to solve it.

Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (1,092 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@LejdiSunshine  Are you trying to use the Origin app or the website?  If the website, you can try a different browser.  If you're in the app, please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and restart your computer, then see whether you can purchase.

If that doesn't work, try powercycling your router: unplug it, wait five minutes, and plug it back in.

If that doesn't work either, try opening the Origin ports on your router.  Here's a list; you can ignore the Mass Effect ports.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Cannot-connect-to-the-Cerberus-Network-Technically-EA-s-serv...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,034 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@LejdiSunshine 

Just do as the message says.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (1,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh, well im trying since yesterday morning. Because the "later" is unspecified I could be waiting for weeks. Which is fine if this is normal, but in that case I wont even bother.

Message 3 of 10 (1,071 Views)
Highlighted

@LejdiSunshine  Are you trying to use the Origin app or the website?  If the website, you can try a different browser.  If you're in the app, please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and restart your computer, then see whether you can purchase.

If that doesn't work, try powercycling your router: unplug it, wait five minutes, and plug it back in.

If that doesn't work either, try opening the Origin ports on your router.  Here's a list; you can ignore the Mass Effect ports.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Cannot-connect-to-the-Cerberus-Network-Technically-EA-s-serv...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 10 (1,035 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @LejdiSunshine when this issue occurs you can generally fix it if you take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps

Disable Changing Internet Explorer’s Proxy Settings:

1. Type gpedit.msc in the Start menu’s search box and then press Enter.
  2. Navigate to User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows Components, and then select Internet Explorer in the left column of the Group Policy editor.
  3.  Double-click Disable changing proxy settings in the Settings section of the Group Policy editor.
  4. Select Enable and then click OK to save the changes.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks everyone. Special thanks to puzzlezaddict. I feel so stupid right now but just changing the browser helped....

Past three days Im cleaning the cookies and cache of my browser, I synched the time to internet time, I uploaded all my drivers, cleaned my computer...... not once did it cross my mind to change the browser.

I appreciate all the suggestions, If I get stuck again, Im sure Ill find the answers here. 

Heart

Message 6 of 10 (995 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @LejdiSunshine.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 10 (989 Views)

origin won't open

★ Novice

Hello everyone, my english is bad but help me please.I tried the solutions posted on the forum.but none of them worked.I open origin I enter my username password and this is how it goes.Also in my certificate in the digital signature, the original.HELPPPPPPPPPPP !!!! 

Message 8 of 10 (900 Views)

Re: origin won't open

Community Manager

When this issue occurs @sschatzz you can often fix it if you take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Disable Changing Internet Explorer’s Proxy Settings:

1. Type gpedit.msc in the Start menu’s search box and then press Enter.
  2. Navigate to User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows Components, and then select Internet Explorer in the left column of the Group Policy editor.
  3.  Double-click Disable changing proxy settings in the Settings section of the Group Policy editor.
  4. Select Enable and then click OK to save the changes.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 10 (886 Views)

Re: origin won't open

★ Novice

I did what you said but it still didn't work.I cleaned the game and the origin completely, I started it again, but I can't download the game because it doesn't open the origin again.

Message 10 of 10 (869 Views)