Re: Unable to register a new Origin Account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to register a new Origin Account

★ Novice

Hi,

I'm trying to register a new account on Origin but it keeps giving me an error message after the safety question step bringing me back to my first registration step saying "We are sorry, but we're having some technical difficulties. Please try again later.". The email is a normal gmail account, no fields had any crazy characters and, after reading some answers here, tried registering with various combinations of the optional checkboxes checked.

- Tried it on 2 different PCs

- Tried it on 3 different browsers

- Tried it on 2 networks

- Tried registering it on Origins Web, Origins App and ea.com

Need some help here,

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4 (1,300 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

I got a crazy workaround.

On mobile data, I was able to register using Firefox Focus browser, tried first with duck duck go browser but I kept getting stuck on the email step.

Hope someone in the future finds this useful.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,267 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I got a crazy workaround.

On mobile data, I was able to register using Firefox Focus browser, tried first with duck duck go browser but I kept getting stuck on the email step.

Hope someone in the future finds this useful.

Message 2 of 4 (1,268 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @RoddyPT.

From your fix it would appear to be an issue with your network or ISP so if you continue to see the issue it may be worth reaching out to them for further assistance.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 4 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you SO much. I have tried everything I could find under answers about this same "technical difficulties. Try again later" issue, which occurred when simply trying to register a first time EA account, in South Africa. Using mobile data versus my home internet fibre (go figure?!) worked. Used Firefox browser. 

Message 4 of 4 (740 Views)