Re: Unable to purchase games on origin (true&needClearCart=true&countryC

by Getodacull

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to purchase games on origin (true&needClearCart=true&countryCode=GB 400)

★★★★ Novice

Is anyone currently experiencing this issue when attempting to purchase any game using the Origin website or software?

An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error: httpRequest ERROR: https://gateway.ea.com/proxy/commerce/carts2/store-cart-purchase/offerEntries?storeId=origin-store¤c... 400 (Bad Request)]

Message 1 of 84 (60,158 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Hello guys, i also had the same error message but i solved it, i have seen how very many people are suffering but i don't know where to post to get maximum audience and help as many people as possible, so here for now What i did: I realized towards the end of error message there is a country so 1) open origin, go to profiles and under billing make sure it is a working payment method after it has opened in the browser. 2: MOST IMPORTANT!!: Change the country at the top end of the browser to reflect a country closest to you. open another tab and login to ea again, confirm that the country you have changed to is the one showing. 3) Login to origin in the browser, confirm that the currency showing for the games prices are the currency of the country you have changed to, WALLLA!!! you can now purchase the game without the annoying error. Note: you dont need to change your actual country under your profile near the payment method or address

View in thread

Message 7 of 84 (67,808 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have this issue too, can we please get some support on this? Ultimately I cannot purchase anything due to this error. 

Message 2 of 84 (59,953 Views)

★★★ Expert

First go to https://myaccount.ea.com/ and save a payment method then set it as default.

Make sure that Origin is allowed, or set as an exception in your firewall or, disable your firewall just to make the purchase.

Make sure you are running Origin as Administrator.

Clear your Browser(s).

Make sure that you are not using a Proxy.
Go to Control Panel. Search for it from the Start menu if you need to.
Go to Internet Options.
Click the Connections tab.
Click LAN Settings
Uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN
Click OK and Apply.
Reboot your computer.

If that does not get it working, please exit Origin completely, open your task manager and end any Origin processes you see there. (There should only be one.)

Once there is nothing Origin running, Clear your Origin Cache Files.

Use CCleaner to clean bot your registry and browser(s).

Reboot your computer

Run Origin as Administrator.

Log in using your EMAIL ADDRESS, not username and, try to make a purchase again.

Let us know if that works for you.

Message 3 of 84 (59,949 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Hi,

Thank you for your help but your method does no work,at least for me it doesn't.

Message 4 of 84 (59,904 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the assist but after spending an afternoon chatting with various friends on my home island of Guernsey. It seems to down to a location issue. I have raised this as a complaint with EA and as soon as I have resolved this issue I will download to the rest of the people on this feed.

Message 5 of 84 (59,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Getodacull @lftstorm

We are on this and should have it resolved shortly. The ETA is to fix it within seven days, but that could be subject to change should additional issues arise.

Message 6 of 84 (59,845 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello guys, i also had the same error message but i solved it, i have seen how very many people are suffering but i don't know where to post to get maximum audience and help as many people as possible, so here for now What i did: I realized towards the end of error message there is a country so 1) open origin, go to profiles and under billing make sure it is a working payment method after it has opened in the browser. 2: MOST IMPORTANT!!: Change the country at the top end of the browser to reflect a country closest to you. open another tab and login to ea again, confirm that the country you have changed to is the one showing. 3) Login to origin in the browser, confirm that the currency showing for the games prices are the currency of the country you have changed to, WALLLA!!! you can now purchase the game without the annoying error. Note: you dont need to change your actual country under your profile near the payment method or address

Message 7 of 84 (67,809 Views)

I can't buy any Origin games?

★★★ Novice

When I tried buying Battlefield 1 I was given this error: 

Whoops!
An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error: httpRequest ERROR: https://gateway.ea.com/proxy/commerce/carts2/store-cart-purchase/offerEntries?storeId=origin-store¤c... 400 (Bad Request)]

-I have tried switching to a public DNS server (Google DNS)

-I have tried clearing my browser cache

-I tried clearing my Origin cache but the instructions I was given didn't work.

-I have tried purchasing it from my phone which gave me the same error

-I have tried buying it from the client and the browser. Both give the same error message.

This is the first time I have ever tried to buy a game off Origin and its really frustrating that I can't buy it and there aren't any fixes for this yet.

Message 8 of 84 (59,628 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how to change the country in browser?

Message 9 of 84 (59,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm still having this problem.

Message 10 of 84 (58,824 Views)