Unable to purchase game

by tundraundtaiga

Original Post

Unable to purchase game

★★ Novice

Hi! I'm experiencing an error when trying to buy a game through Origin and doesn't let me go to the checkout. Anyone has any idea how to solve this? I've talked to Customer Service but they haven't been able to identify nor solve the issue.

Error is the following:

Whoops! An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error: httpRequest ERROR: https://gateway.ea.com/proxy/commerce/carts2/store-cart-purchase-1616021766715/offerEntries?storeId=... 400 (Bad Request)]
Message 1 of 11 (701 Views)

Re: Unable to purchase game

Community Manager

Hey @tundraundtaiga, can you try removing your payment methods associated with your Origin account and then on the checkout pager re-enter it.

If the issue remains then for account and billing issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Account and Billing

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (668 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your help! Will try that then.

Message 3 of 11 (659 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to help @tundraundtaiga.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 11 (653 Views)

★★ Novice
@tundraundtaiga Did you ever get this issue fixed? I have had it happening for months now with no fix.
Message 5 of 11 (624 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mauidiver17, did you speak with our live support team to see if they can assist you?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 11 (608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@mauidiver17 Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention it here. After trying different things with no luck, the only thing that finally worked was using a different Internet connection to make the purchase. So I logged in Origin using my phone data instead of my house's wifi connection and that way, I was able to buy the game

Message 7 of 11 (582 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tundraundtaiga that it worked on another network points to a network or ISP issue.

The best thing to do is to try powercycling your router which involves leaving it unplugged for 5 minutes. Can you try that to see if it helps?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 11 (576 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Yes I did. I didn’t get any response from them at all.
Message 9 of 11 (538 Views)

★★ Novice
@tundraundtaiga Thank you. I will try that.
Message 10 of 11 (537 Views)