Unable to purchase Battlefield 4 due to error 54001

by Yewrah

Original Post

Unable to purchase Battlefield 4 due to error 54001

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Whenever I attempt to buy a product via the Origin app, a pop-up message with the following text is displayed:

Whoops! That didn’t work, let’s try again. If the problem persists you may want to use a different payment method or try again later. [ref. #54001]

The solutions suggested by the error message itself aren’t applicable in this case, as the former solution isn’t viable in my location, and the latter solution doesn’t seem to be effective.

P. S. Please note that I was able to purchase Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order successfully in August 2020.

P. P. S. Please note that this issue also affects Battlefield 1, Battlefront II, and Battlefield V.

Message 1 of 10 (947 Views)

Re: Unable to purchase Battlefield 4 due to error 54001

Community Manager

Hey @Yewrah can you open your account settings and remove your payment method. The on check out can you reenter it and ensure that the details are exactly the same as that which your card issuer or bank has on file.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (931 Views)

Betreff: Unable to purchase Battlefield 4 due to error 54001

Message 3 of 10 (929 Views)

Re: Unable to purchase Battlefield 4 due to error 54001

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko The first time I ran into the issue, I visited my billing settings and found out that my payment method that I used for Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order disappeared from the list. I added it back and attempted to purchase Battlefield 4 once more. Finally, I set my payment method as primary. All the manipulations had no effect on my experience with the store.
Message 4 of 10 (892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for referring me to that topic. I shall attempt the solution discussed in its first posts as soon as my desired product is discounted once more.

P. S. @Rotblut

Message 5 of 10 (891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Rotblut  I have attempted to follow the guide posted by the user ODONGA . Sadly, I cannot reproduce the step ODONGA emphasises as the ‘MOST IMPORTANT!!’ one, as there is no ‘country’ ‘at the top end of the browser’ for me when I access my payment methods in browser. There is, however, a language drop-down list at the bottom for me. When I point at it, the only available language in it is English; I have, however, noticed that the URL the drop-down list leads to when the user selects English can be modified in order to lead to a page displayed in a different language. I have attempted to replace English with languages of 2 different countries that neighbour mine in order to carry on following ODONGA ’s guide. The attempt proved to be futile. Next, suspecting that changing the country/region in my account’s regional settings might be equivalent to, as mentioned by ODONGA , ‘changing the country at the top end of the browser’, I did just that – twice, first time for the country in whose currency prices on Origin are displayed whenever I visit Origin and second time for an alternative country that borders mine. Both times, after following steps given by ODONGA , the ultimate result didn’t differ from what is described in the first message of this topic.

P. S. @EA_Darko Deleting my payment method and entering it anew in the store during purchase now yields a different error code – 50001.

Message 6 of 10 (829 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Yewrah I'd recommend speaking with our live support team who will be able to take a look into the issue with you.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a phone or chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a callback or chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 10 (811 Views)

★ Pro
@Yewrah i am sorry to hear that, but i see that EA_Darko gave you the right hint. The support team will solve this with ease.
Message 8 of 10 (797 Views)

★★ Novice
@Rotblut The support team has suggested me to set up a PayPal account and try paying via PayPal, or resort to looking for a retail option in my region.

Setting up a PayPal account and attempting to use it during purchase yielded error 50001.

A number of local resellers used to offer my desired products, but ran out of stock - seemingly years ago.
Message 9 of 10 (766 Views)

★ Pro
@Yewrah oh for me paypal is working well. Do you maybe use a VPN. If so, turn it off while buying and pay.
Message 10 of 10 (758 Views)